View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 08:02 PM
Jazzman

I deserve some free stuff because of the four painful years I spent doing tech support for the _dumbest_ userbase you will ever find. Public schools. I deserve free stuff because I put up with questions like "how come when I copy my files from my CD to my floppy it says there is not enough space on the disk?" and "wait you want me to _click_ OK?" and listening to the mac users "theres _TWO_ mouse buttons!?!?". AND for all the grief I took when we took away all the teachers color inkjets and put in about 15k$ worth of b/w Laser printers, and about that much in 3 color lasers, "WHY ARE YOU TAKING MY PRINTER"... of course I was the one who actually go TAKE the printers away from everyone, the boss just made the new rule! So then _I_ was the bad guy from all the teachers views. BAH. And lets not forget the time I installed the whole new lab myself (dont kid yourself- this means putting together 30+ computers from a pile of parts we didn't order from MFR's we built ours) only to realize we recieved a bad batch of motherboards and I would have to go unplug every single one and send them back. (true story )

In any event, I deserve free stuff for my years of abused techy-dom. and putting up with so much $h!t from so many teachers who thought they knew more than me. To them I say: You'll get yours!!! >

tyserj@ui3.org