View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 02:02 PM
xMerCLorDx

Why not drop it? It's scratch resistent and the harddrive locks when it's sensing it is falling. heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason425
I have an iBook G4, and I like it.. it makes me KIND OF wish I had a real mac... except then I remember that I know infinitely more about PCs, PCs have all the games, etc etc.... The mac works well as a school comp though.
what's "a real mac"? iBooks are not? What's so much different in your knowledge of PC's as opposed to macs? Are you referring to hardware differences? Much of the hardware is less proprietary now, and if you know the parts of a PC you surely can determine the parts in a Mac. If software, you sound like a windows junkie, if not, you may be unaware that OS X runs on a BSD variant of Unix. In which case if you are a linux user you probably know a lot more than you think, about Mac's.

As far as Mac's not having the games, you can run Windows with Boot Camp.

As for being a good school computer I agree, but the stigma around Macintoshes being educationally facilitative was an older theme of the company's marketing. Now it's become a niche classy high end style company, catering to the more wealthy of the middle class. Their iconography has grown from the educational apple to a sleek representation of design and functionality.

The productivity packages for living are probably the most innovative bundles available today. I don't know of any other company that sells computers that has a comparable package, by a long shot. Most manufacturers only have applications tossed on with a bit of proprietary connectivity between them. Example: dell with their musicmatch, dvd authoring trials, and some hodgepodge like that, or hp with their little bundle. Usually only including windows and the default programs for it unless you pay for it separately. Mac on the otherhand has all this: iLife + more

I don't own a mac but I don't think any other company puts together a package quite like apple does.