Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Reto_G

1) on hangup bug, the solution worked
3) on subject update ends after 10 seconds, it was (a) corrupted file(s). Softick / cardexport 1.13 does not properly work with my w2k. Also not with some others w2k as can be seen from other forums. The new version 1.14 (available at www.softick.com) works better (does not hangup itself sometimes until w2k is rebooted) but did also not work correct every time I used it. Seems to be a question of amount of transferred data. Sometimes, everything seems to be ok, but data are corrupted. Attention: watch display on Treo until transfer ends, because on pc screen, long files seem to be transferred long time before they really are. I then used the freeware TestPath v1.3 to compare files (after disconnecting and reconnecting the Treo - buffer!). I then deleted incorrect files (usually firmware patch because of its size) and transferred util ok.
After this procedure, all updates, unlocks worked perfectly. I hope this helps other to minimize freewheeling.

Note that doing any the above invalidates your warranty, and is entirely at your own risk.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:59 AM
cosmicone

Default What do I do if I don't have an expansion card?

I don't have an expansion card in my Treo 600.

Can this method still work if I downloaded the components of patched.zip to the phone's memory instead of a SD card? (I do have enough memory to download them all)
Old 03-22-2004, 07:08 PM
g1nzo

i get as far as copying the files to the SD card

how do i find the files on the treo to do this part
Navigate to the card using the standard application launcher and run FirmwareUpdater.prc.

please help
Old 03-30-2004, 05:59 PM
bryanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1nzo
i get as far as copying the files to the SD card

how do i find the files on the treo to do this part
Navigate to the card using the standard application launcher and run FirmwareUpdater.prc.

please help
From the main applications screen, you need to pulldown where it says "All" (or Main, Utilities, etc) and select you SD card. From there you will be able to access the Firmware updater.

I just confirmed that it was unlocked by going to a T-Mobile store and asking to use one of their SIMs. The call went through fine. Took a few hits to hang up though. Is the hang up problem associated with US Treo's as well as UK ones? How do I run/find the 208 firmware?
Old 03-31-2004, 08:26 AM
legli

I am still stuck with the call hangup bug. Does anyone know where to look for this INT 208/209 firmware upgrade?

REF
1. Call Hangup bug. This happens if you used patched.zip without upgrading to INT 208/209 first. It's a conflict with the UK SW. If you still have the UK apps/branding, this hasn't worked. 208 is supposed to be more stable.

Thanks
Laurent
Geneva Switzerland (treo bought at Orange and unlocked on Swisscom)
Old 04-02-2004, 06:01 PM
gabriellevy

"I am still stuck with the call hangup bug. Does anyone know where to look for this INT 208/209 firmware upgrade?"

i have the same problem - after i unlocked my orange uk phone following the directions on this thread, the phone works fine but i still have all the orange crap. if i understand things correctly, i need to do the INT 208/209 FW upgrade BEFORE running the patched.zip - is that correct? and WHERE can i get the INT 208/209 upgrade?!?!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Toni

I've just used the rules to unlock my Treo 600 from Orange. It works perfectly now in Spain using Movistar or Vodafone networks. Just to say thank you to who placed the instructions.

Antonio ( Thanks from Valencia (Spain))
Old 04-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Reto_G

popup sms
Old 04-22-2004, 04:59 PM
gabriellevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reto_G
popup sms
retro_g (or anybody!):

can you help please? i have the exact same problem that you (i believe) and laurent above had: i upgraded to patched.zip first and now am having problems getting rid of the hang-up bug and the orange stuff. i have an orange uk phone unlocked to work on voda uk, FW 2.09 SW 1.0-OUK HW A.

should i update to 2.08/2.09 INT? and if so, where can i get this? i noticed that you said you fixed the hang-up bug so i'd love to know what i can do.

or should i update to FW 2.12 SW 1.12? i've tried to follow the Method D instructions from the treofaq page (if you know what i'm talking about) and i get zlib error messages during the process - probably because i already have updated to patched.zip 2.09.

please advise (anybody!)

thanks.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:51 AM
rsutc

My Treo came with firmware 1.11, so going down to 1.09 does not seem like a good idea. Any comment?