Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 12-08-2001, 04:55 AM
Smoked1

Default Windows XP problems

Hi all,
For about two days now I have been trying to get Windows XP to work on my system. My hardware does not seem to be compatable with it. My cordless mouse conflicted with my NIC and froze the O.S. Then my SCSI adapter foze the system or would not install properly. No XP drivers for it yet. Has anyone else had problems with XP or did I piss off a gypsy somewhere. It was my Windows ME dejavue.
Old 12-08-2001, 10:25 AM
XDiGiTaLX

Default Re: Windows XP problems

Heheh did you try calling microsoft tech support (i know no one does that but they might have something!) unless ur using a pirated version  ;D
Old 12-08-2001, 03:55 PM
Smoked1

Yeah I called them and they were not much help. I did have a pirated version but I talked my way arround it for two calls. They did get the mouse problem fixed but when the SCSI controller would not work I just said screw this. Windows 98 has no problems. I'll wait for a few more driver releases before doing that again. Stupid MS
Old 12-09-2001, 12:28 AM
XDiGiTaLX

ya friggen micro$haft (hmm i like 'em... what a hippocrite i am(and don't mind my spelling))
Old 12-09-2001, 02:08 AM
Smoked1

They need to come out with a unix flavor that is more user friendly for end users. Put it out on the maeket and mess with Microsoft. The other ones like RedHat are to hard for regular people to understand.
Old 12-09-2001, 01:31 PM
XDiGiTaLX

Lets get one thing straight. U cant mess with microsoft. They have a frigen monopaly!
Old 12-09-2001, 07:15 PM
aoC_PRoZaK

you cant mess with ms, but with their OS. piracing ms products is a good way ;D. they suck, so the best thing is to make the best outa it.mod it. tweak it to desaster ;D. i personally prefer 98se cuz it can be tweaked very well.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:38 PM
XDiGiTaLX

LOL, personally i think ppl hating on MS because they got all the power. they'r products are GRRREEEEAT (tony tha tiger). Yes Pirate Pirate! (i hope we don't get shutdown for that)
Old 12-09-2001, 09:50 PM
aoC_PRoZaK

it think the more technical a product gets, the more buggy it gets.win 3.11 crashed very seldom and win1.0 never crashed i heard. microsoft makes great products (like intel and amd and via and many more) but because of extreme competition on the current market, they gotta sell that shit before it´s well-debugged.shame on the market shame on us too. and shame shame ´shame on those idiots buying stuff without even knowing  what a cpu does and a harddisk is.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:42 AM
smoked1

I think that MicroSucks is in a position where they should be able to take advantage of thier market position and release much more stable and compatible operating systems. It seems to me that they just wanted Xp to be out for X-mas no matter what issues it had. he way they see it. Instead of working out the kinks on more beta testing they are using consumers for this. I hate it whan they do that.