Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 10-30-2002, 01:55 AM
eviltechie

so what is that devldr32.exe anyways?
Old 10-30-2002, 07:24 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

PC Pitstop says that its from Creative.. so something about sound i think.. but its a > Devilish > hidden file that i cant get rid of!!!!!! Halloween horror in my comp!
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 10-30-2002, 07:45 PM
kfan

Got this info from Blackviper
devldr32.exe: This is installed if you have a Creative Sound Card (SBLive Series that I am aware of). It sucks up 2.3MB to 2.6MB, but I have not completed extensive testing with this NOT being there... After manually killing the process (this is not a service, it is listed as a driver in the hardware properties of the sound card) I loaded up a game of Dungeon Siege and all EAX features and 5.1 positional sound worked (with EAX on or off). Also, all Direct Sound tests completed without errors. Do not get excited, though. After renaming the process, the Windows File Protection dialog pops up. Upon reboot, devldr32.exe is not displayed in the active processes in Task Manager, but the Creative Mixer and AudioHQ applications fail to load. I also searched for a reference in the registry and found little to nothing... Kill it if you want to recover some memory, but I do not support such "drastic" measures... so you are on your own with it. Do not email me asking for help if you killed this process.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:19 PM
Lab Master Techie

odd.. i first tried deleting it.. then restarted.. its running.. so i delete, then run a search.. its still there.. i rename.. run another search.. original name is there.. doenst make sense!
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium

Old 10-30-2002, 11:07 PM
eviltechie

weird...

i dont have that for my Creative SB Live! Platinum

have u tried any of those tools i recommended to take it out from start up?
Old 10-30-2002, 11:52 PM
Lab Master Techie

yea i used that startup control panel program you talked about.. said nothing was running at start.. as does msconfig.. odd indeed *checks* yep its runnen right now

Old 12-28-2002, 02:22 AM
Gorkey

The windows file protection services will protect the file from getting deleted.
I'm running into this again myself. I ended up getting rid of it once by simple just rolling back the drivers to a previous version.
It's not a service, not in RUN or Services registry keys.
Old 12-28-2002, 06:54 PM
CiKoTiC

Quote:
SBLive: DEVLDR32.EXE PROBLEMS

In the early days of Win ME, one of the biggest culprits for shutdown issue was the Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live. History repeated itself in the early stages of Win XP. This now has been fixed for some users (but not for all) by the release of new drivers.
Here's the commonly reported scenario: On attempting shutdown, nothing at all appears to happen for a prolonged period of time. Eventually, an "End Task" window appears wanting to terminate DEVLDR32.EXE. No matter what one does, one ultimately is locked out of shutting down other than by a power switch shutoff. (This problem exists with the SBLive in Windows 2000 also.)
In mid-July, Microsoft posted new Win XP drivers for the SBLive on the Windows Update site. According to Chuck Bramsen and others, these drivers solve the shutdown problem the SBLive was causing. I recommend you go to Windows Update and download the new driver if you have an SBLive card. However, some users are reporting that the DEVLDR problem continues to plague them even with the new drivers:

" In the event installing the new drivers does not solve your shutdown problem, try some of the solutions people have been using prior to the release of these new drivers. A regular newsgroup correspondent who identifies himself as "James (beast)," wrote that he solved the well-documented SBLive/DEVLDR32 problem by downloading and installing the LiveService software. (James cautions that one should disable all antivirus software while executing this program. Since I know nothing of the person operating this site, I do recommend that you at least virus-check anything you download first!)
" Newsgroup correspondent "Mitch" gave another solution to this problem: Uninstall the LiveWare software pack (of which DEVLDR is part). Uninstall the SBLive card. Restart Windows, let it detect the new hardware, and use the Windows XP driver. However, other users have reported that this isn't satisfactory because the XP native driver gives very poor sound quality. If the new drivers work for you, they are definitely the preferred option.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:18 AM
nigel

Default devldr32.exe causing pc performance problems

My PC was suffering from 100% processor load problems and devlr32.exe was always present after start-up. I installed the livedrvuni-pack from creative.com for the SB live audio card and this file doesn't show any more and I don't get the 100% load problem anymore.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Thorn777

Default Uninstalled SB Live, can't diasble devldr32

I apologoze if my specific problem has been covered here already...

I did a complete uninstall and removal of the hardware of my SB Live from my Win2K Dell workstation. I did this because I am dedicating this system to music recording, and have installed an Aarvadr Q10 Audio interface (hence, no need for the SB). I removed the Creative stuff from my system gracefully. But, devldr32 still runs every time a new program is started. Any ideas how I can stop this from ever running?