Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 11-22-2002, 04:19 PM
]v[atriX

Default **LONGHORN XP REGISTRY HELP!**

Alright , I've recently obtained A Microsoft Windows Longhorn XP Professional alpha , "NO NOT THE LEAKED ONE!" and everything was working fine! since it is an upgrade for Windows XP it has all same dos commands if not more . I've done something really stupid , by exporting my Windows XP registry from my other OS on the same HD and putting it into Microsoft Windows Longhorn XP so that i wouldnt half to reinstall my 1000 applications , It worked! , but the windows xp settings whent in aswell... I did make a backup of the Windows Longhorn XP registry before I tampered with it and all i need to know now is how i can update my Longhorn registry by maybe a bootdisc or if theres a way when i boot into XP to do it.. I've tried F8 , can't get through the blue screen of death . REMINDER: Windows Longhorn XP is an Windows XP upgrade , like 98 SE but with more features , so there is no startup dos like XP and it has the same features in F8 though i cannot access any of them because of the blue screen of death ,

I think if its possible to uptain a bootdisc to Import that backup REG i made of longhorn it would fix it , but i dont know where to obtain one and there might be an easier way of going about it...

Thank you very much!

I hope someone can help me btw , i got MSN , AIM , ICQ , and Yahoo .. just click on the icons below this post to get it

E-mail : Eric@Y3kNetwork.com
Old 01-28-2003, 06:35 PM
na

Default you got longhorn!

wtf! where did you get it from?
Old 01-28-2003, 08:48 PM
eviltechie

check this page out
http://members.rogers.com/khauyeung/...rn_xp_3683.htm
Old 02-06-2003, 06:22 PM
kornonthekaub

Default Longhorn is not an upgrade of XP

Just to inform you, Longhorn is Microsofts newest OS. It is not going to be an upgrade of XP. The alpha version is, however they are going to be rebuilding the FS (Filesystem) and many other structuring aspects of the OS. Well according to what they have said. If they actually do that we will have to wait and see.

I'm not saying any of you will, however I hope you realize Alpha is a software stage far from Gold and therefore you can't tell me that since Alpha appears to be just XP with some modifications that's how the Longhorn gold will be.

here's some extra information you might like to read up on to make yourself a knowledgable computer user, not that you aren't but obviously not on this subject.

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/longhorn_alpha.asp

Peace,
korn
Old 03-25-2003, 03:59 PM
DEVILsKing

Default didn't backup before install 4008, heelp!!!

i installed the longhorn 4008 beta, with out back up my old
version XP pro settings and Registries,,, all 1000 warez registries disappeared,, is that mean i have to Reinstall all of them???
++The WinPE can't run normally, it said i miss a file "ntokrnl.exe" in my
root file, system/i386/ ....

bytw, the new version of XP workstation has a lot of NEW Features come with it,
Old 04-05-2003, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Go into Longhorn and go to the directory of the backed up registry file and double click it.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:57 PM
Chronique Technique
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Prometheus

where do i get LH????
Old 04-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

You don't

You have to be one of the selected few to beta or alpha test the new OS in it's earliest test releases. Soon you will be able to download one of its public betas. I think I shall post a link when it is out.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:15 AM

Default Re: **LONGHORN XP REGISTRY HELP!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]v[atriX
Alright , I've recently obtained A Microsoft Windows Longhorn XP Professional alpha , "NO NOT THE LEAKED ONE!" and everything was working fine! since it is an upgrade for Windows XP it has all same dos commands if not more . I've done something really stupid , by exporting my Windows XP registry from my other OS on the same HD and putting it into Microsoft Windows Longhorn XP so that i wouldnt half to reinstall my 1000 applications , It worked! , but the windows xp settings whent in aswell... I did make a backup of the Windows Longhorn XP registry before I tampered with it and all i need to know now is how i can update my Longhorn registry by maybe a bootdisc or if theres a way when i boot into XP to do it.. I've tried F8 , can't get through the blue screen of death . REMINDER: Windows Longhorn XP is an Windows XP upgrade , like 98 SE but with more features , so there is no startup dos like XP and it has the same features in F8 though i cannot access any of them because of the blue screen of death ,

I think if its possible to uptain a bootdisc to Import that backup REG i made of longhorn it would fix it , but i dont know where to obtain one and there might be an easier way of going about it...

Thank you very much!

I hope someone can help me btw , i got MSN , AIM , ICQ , and Yahoo .. just click on the icons below this post to get it

E-mail : Eric@Y3kNetwork.com