Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Networking

Old 05-30-2002, 12:51 PM
paladinzli

Default Bypassing Content Filters

??? i tried pinging the aim express site.. it works at school but apparently the BESS in the library is "smarter". they even blocked the IP access.  :-/  i wanna know if there are any other way to lauch AIM(AOL instant messenger) on the library computer... im not sure if i download the AIM program on a disk and try to lauch in the library would work. i want some other ideas  ;D
Old 05-30-2002, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega
Default Re: ???HOW DO U GET AROUND BESS!!! I WANNA CHAT IN

If you have a home computer, you can set up WinVNC and remotely access your computer from any Java enabled browser. Then, just control your home computer from there, and use AIM from that computer. If you have a static IP just write that down, otherwise set up a dynamic dns account, and you can have a domain name point to your home computer (if you own a domain name you can use that, otherwise you can get something like someword.dyndns.org). It may be a little slow, but it should work (unless they block everything but port 80, or something).
Old 05-31-2002, 01:59 AM
TheRogue

paladinzli... we have bess at our school to... sux dont it!
Old 05-31-2002, 02:13 AM

yeah, i got websense and my school and it doesnt let you get by with anything, not even games, other that java applications.  im sure that there is a way of login into the main login, but that might be a lil risky.  :-/
Old 06-04-2002, 06:35 PM
Justin0pi

Default I hate Bess

>  I tried a fake proxy for a month until it was blocked by bess. You still couldn't chat with it. Seach for 'Anonymous Surfing', and see what it turns up.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:11 AM

well, is your school based on a a network login, a main network throughout the school to wear the students get there own login name or is it one huge name for all of students?
Old 06-05-2002, 04:59 PM
Justin0pi

I go online at the library, and it's one main network. You login using your library card number and the last 4 digits of your phone number.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:51 AM
cprox webmaster

Default cprox.netfirms.com

http://cprox.netfirms.com
that has a link to use AIM
Old 03-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

hehe thank god our college trusts us enough to leave most ports open. I can usually get icq2go working.

as for static/dynamic ip address schemes go. We have a dynamic ip on our dsl machine. I set the login software to activate a batch file I wrote that exports ipconfig to a file and uploads it to one of my web servers, so I can see my ip address the system later

Of course, it would probably be different on a cable machine using a cable -> ethernet type modem. I would guess put it in startup, but I'm not sure when the cable isp updates your ip address in the window login process
Old 03-05-2003, 07:04 PM
Deathjag

hehe my friend rebuilt MSN messenger at our school so we could break through the firewall.