Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 05-13-2004, 09:59 AM
grateful_deadhead

Default ASMS ERROR MESSAGE

Hi, I am installing XP pro and when it gets to the installation part I get this which happened to me last year.......

The file 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.

I did a google search and did what I found but it don't work. Using the regedit via command session thing. Any suggestions? Thanks and have a GRATE DAY!

Old 05-17-2004, 10:20 PM
n2themuzic

Default having the same problem

I've done every google search I could think of and no luck...so if you find something that works could you please forward it to me and I will do the same...Thanks man....
Old 05-27-2004, 04:24 PM
ybeddyj

this is usually as a result of problems where your hardware is concern and not really a missing file problem
Check between two things they should fix the problem if not then think about tshooting/changing some of your hardware

1 Motherboard. try to update to the latest bios revision.make sure processor is being cooled properly
2 Avoid overclocking before OS installation
its also good to remove any unnecessary cards/peripherals b4 and during OS installation then add them back after (Includes disabling onboard controllers too)
it could also be a result of a bad memory (get a dos boot diskette that loads himem.sys if any u'r memory bad then it'll say unreliable memory at {byte location})