Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Techware Labs News

Old 01-24-2005, 08:40 AM
Platinium Techie

well, i use vonage, and have for about 2 months. the 911 is actually routed directly to your local district if you need it, you just have to activate it. the onlyproblem i have is that it has to be able to "prioritize" your bandwidth. which means that if its not very close to the first item receiveing a connection, it doesnt work as well as it might. ive asked tech support about this, but they havent replied yet, its been nearly a month. over, id still recommend it tho.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:38 AM
no1dave

Default Sipura

I use the Sipura SPA-2100, which I bought separately and provisioned myself for Broadvoice (unlimited to 24 countries, $22/month with taxes included). It has a built-in router with QOS and two independent POTS lines.

It works reasonably ok, but if you do get it, since it's new, most VoIP providers will not be of much help. The plus side of it is that if you make the changes yourself, it won't be locked, and you have two lines to play with. Also, since it's not locked, you can set 911 (or any number you like) to call any number you like, including the local police station, by creating your own dial plan. It's highly configurable.

Vonage is reasonably good, but they don't have BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), and I'm a person who doesn't like "contracts" and "disconnection charges" and the like!

The best quality I've found is in AT&T CallVantage - it sometimes sounds better than a POTS!

Dave
Old 06-24-2005, 06:33 PM
punkandbarbies

sunrocket does as well. thats what i just signed up for. it had the best reviews plus it also givess you a free cordless phone system with dual phones when you are referred by a friend (incase anyone wants to sign up, the promo code is 6177620169).

but anyhow, i think most of them are adding the 911 feature now. plus, you can always call and give your location, it's called like e911 or something.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:50 PM
no1dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkandbarbies
sunrocket does as well. thats what i just signed up for. it had the best reviews plus it also givess you a free cordless phone system with dual phones when you are referred by a friend (incase anyone wants to sign up, the promo code is 6177620169).

but anyhow, i think most of them are adding the 911 feature now. plus, you can always call and give your location, it's called like e911 or something.
Actually, I changed to SunRocket as well a few months ago, and I'm very satisfied

They have 911 service included.

Regards,
Dave
Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Junior Techie

Default VoIP Reviews

I have used Champion Communications for about 5 months and it works great. They have the same common features plus carry a new product the Flashphone, a portable softphone. My home service is taxes incld. $26.45 unlimited US & Canada and my Flashphone is $9.95/mo. I have gotten my money worth out of both. They are worth checking out!! No dropped calls and customer support is outstanding!! I think all VoIP providers have pretty much had no choice, but to be compliant with 911.
http://www.voip-champ.com
Old 12-07-2005, 06:31 PM
no1dave

Default Re: VoIP Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by alipscomb
I have used Champion Communications for about 5 months and it works great.
Actually, you're paying way too much, alipscomb!

If you want to spend more than 20 bucks, strongly consider www.AxVoice.com. It works out to $21/month for two numbers for unlimited calls to US and Canada; you can pay through PayPal.

If you want the best value for your money, check out www.SunRocket.com. Almost perfect connection for $17/month (you pay a year in advance) to call USA and Canada, and it includes $3 of international calls as well. With it, you can also get a wireless dual-telephone free. Oh, I forgot - you also get two numbers with it, both with their own voicemail and their own features - I forward one to a free fax line.

If you want solid quality and don't mind paying for it, use www.Quantumvoice.com; highest rating of all VoIPs, $30/month for unlimited calls to USA and Canada. They have an unusual: $40/month for a toll-free number with unlimited outgoing and incoming calls (no other company provides that).

All these companies have caller ID, call waiting, etc. Check out http://www.dslreports.com/gbu for reviews.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Junior Techie

I have try VOIP Service Providers offers low wholesale rates and easy entry point for VOIP Phone providers and retail for end-users.