Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Techware Labs News

Old 10-01-2002, 06:41 PM
eviltechie

btw

if you want to quote an article
please use the quote function or atleast put quotes around it

otherwise it is considered plagiarism
Old 10-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Liquidous

Default more

plagarism oh plagarism........ im not worried about it....

heres more :

on anandtech.com go look up the review on the ATI Mobility Radeon 9000. This article blew me away. Those who think that the GeForce Go cards are anything to talk about.. they arent. the M9 (radeon 9000's code name) blows the Go cards out of the water mostly by 30% better graphics benchmarks than the nvidia counterpart. not saying they arn't good cards, but some lead me to believe that the GO cards were something special, and at the time I didn't know.. but now I know why alienware is putting in the ati's...

the compaq's still (and you can go search for your own information) are nothing to talk about.... low proc speeds, and the typical comcrap service, quality.. however compaq is one of the first , specifically the 2800 presario to harvest the M9.

alienware i also don't think is anything special to talk about.. go read that anandtech.com article, they show some good specs, and some great pictures and graphics.. then give a sweet ass test bench at the end of some good games... it will change your mind.

Im not downing other peoples intent of purchasing a laptop, nor compaq per se, however if into gaming, and wanting a desktop pc packed into a laptop, the alienware is the best.. as far as I can find on the internet and magazines. Ive been searching for months. Even MicroVelocities "exact" computer copy of alienware, aliens is still better.

I only wish they had 16" screen.

also little did I know, radeon mobilities are the same chips as the 9700pro and full board 9000... except they clock the cores differently (R250-300).. but you can get programs to overclock it. thats basically what AlienAdrenalin does. and its fully supported in their warranty, and ATI cards have nothing to complain about it.

all in all, ATI's is ahead.. and with their new architecture in the Universal type pin driver, its gonna be a bad ass video card company.

good luck all.

[ Im still looking for reviews on Area51M paint / hand stains . any one experienced, Id appreciate the info..]
Old 10-01-2002, 11:09 PM
eviltechie

who said anything about Geforce 4 Go being better?

if you like to express fact, dont shove it down the hard way

and it is necessary for one to have equal views of the companies before evaluating and judging
so the "comcrap" talk isnt really the right way to be used in a healthy debate

the reason i suggested the Compaq Presario 2800 is it provides the option of Radeon 9000 in the immediate time of the post, so i once more repeat myself

btw
Geforce 4 Go 460 isnt far from 9000m
it wins some benchmarks and loses some
so once again, it is unwise to make such direct comment and some readers may be misleaded completely

benchmarks and review is here
http://www4.tomshardware.com/mobile/...829/index.html
Old 10-03-2002, 10:37 PM

The Area 51m does have a desktop processor and it does suck up power heavily, however in doing that you get the processor a lot cheaper. Invest in a second battery if its a huge problem. The Radeon 7500 is what they have NOW but sometime this month they are gonna have a processor up to 2.8 ghz and radeon 9000 available. If I were you I'd go for area51m any day of the week over a compaq.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:46 PM

Why were you attacking the guys opinion by the way. He was giving you an honest answer and you threaten him with plagurism like a comp professor on crack. You gave your opinion and he was giving you his. Be fair, otherwise your being rude.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:21 PM
eviltechie

please get your self a pair of glasses and read carefully, there was no where people attacked people

and no one threatened anyone
Old 10-11-2002, 07:55 AM
Liquidous

Default area51m

I just bought one of these, ill let you all know how it performs when I get it in a few more weeks..

from what I hear, its a sweet system. 2.8ghz, with all the goodies. I was told that the combination of stuff they fill it with makes it very efficient powerwise (not battery )

anyway, since my decision to buy this pricey little box, i did a few more days of research on the radeon mobility 9000... this card is exactly the same as teh 9000Pro full card, with about 10mhz slower clock core, that can be turned up just about as much, and with the ram at 64 mb, the (s64 version of the card, compared to the 32 E32) they say runs just as fast as the 9000 pro... pro is essentially for desktops and obviously the m9 (mobility9000) is for laptops.. little did i know, its integrated..

i can't wait to play quake arena III on a lunar white laptop :P and tople desktop perf. (within reason).. and a mobile one at that. ha

bye bye for now
Old 10-18-2002, 05:07 PM
dinoj

Default 2.8 Ghz with pc2100 ddr ram issue?

Does anyone have the link to that article on gamespy.com about the performance issues with 2.8 ghz and pc2100 ram? I couldn't find it? Does this also affect the 2.6ghz w/ 533FSB?

Thanks,
-dinoj
Old 10-19-2002, 09:38 AM
dinoj

Default PC2100 w/ P4 2.8 performance issues

nevermind...I found the article. Here it is in case anyone is interested:

http://www.gamespy.com/hardware/september02/p4shootout/

-dinoj
Old 10-19-2002, 02:44 PM
eviltechie

is the link broken?

i cant get to it