Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Operating Systems

Old 12-05-2001, 05:41 PM
jimlord

Default Automated Wndws 2000 HTTP call unable to link beyo

Here's a wierd one (for me, that is):

I have a web page on a Windows 2000 LAN, call it "A_THROW" on my server that gets called every 10 minutes by a scheduled process.  A_THROW, in turn, links to a foreign web page, B_CATCH, on a 3rd party's server.

As long as I run A_THROW from a browser manually (by typing 'http://www.mywebsite.com/A_THROW' into the address bar), (a) it runs and (b) it links to the off-site B_CATCH page and (c) B_CATCH runs

[both A_THROW and B_CATCH write log records]

However, when the scheduler process runs A_THROW, it fails to connect to B_CATCH, even though the log record shows that A_THROW ran fine.  I've tried different scheduler procs (SQL Server Agent, Cold Fusion Scheduler, etc) to no avail.  My belief at this time is that the policy under which these scheduled processes are running is somehow restricted from linking off-site, although I've never heard of that before and thought that ALL IIS web server calls on port 80 were processed as the same user.  Am I missing something here?  I'm stumped!
jimlord
Old 12-05-2001, 07:08 PM
Simo

Default Re: Automated Wndws 2000 HTTP call unable to link

Hmmm...Cant see anything out of place from what youve said....but then again I jus woke up.  
Are there any extra details you can provide?
Old 12-05-2001, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega
Default Re: Automated Wndws 2000 HTTP call unable to link

How do you have task scheduler set to run it?  I don't really use task scheduler for much other than running a few programs.  If you're just refrencing the file, that could be the problem.  You might need to specify to like, run IE, then open the url.  I'm not sure if there's even such a command string for IE.  Maybe if you try making a shortcut from within IE (add to favorites, then drag where ever you want it) and running the shortcut that could do it.