Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 12-17-2001, 10:41 PM
jinx

Default Napster Returning ?

Get ready for Napster again  everyone. "In early 2002, we plan to launch the new Napster membership service and start a whole new chapter in music file sharing". So they say !

http://www.napster.com/preview/
Old 12-18-2001, 05:14 PM
aoC_PRoZaK

Default Re: Napster Returning ?

what, who is napster, never heard of . flush ´em thruz the toilet and use www.audiogalaxy.com (sometimes servers are a bit loady) or morpheus.
Old 12-18-2001, 05:33 PM
jinx

Hi Prozak,

Guess you are aware that AudioGalaxy is eat up with spyware, probally no less than 5 loads with it. One of which is the dreaded,   deadly " WebHancer-" alias  "Customer Companion" . This bug will corrupt the 'winsock32.dll' on removing AG at times, which results in no connection to the internet. Although you will connect to the server and see modem activity, just no throughput until the winsock32.dll is rebuilt. Not a pleasant procedure.
Morpheus and WinMX are the only two that I use or recommend.
Old 12-18-2001, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

No-one is going to buy a subscription to Napster with other free services like Kazau, musicity, and autogalaxy.

I personaly use use Musiccity (morpheus) to get all of my mp3s and cool movies.
Old 12-18-2001, 05:43 PM
aoC_PRoZaK

buying destroys the thought of free music ;D
Old 12-18-2001, 06:07 PM
jinx

yeah, I agree. Come to think of it -seems like Napster has tried this a time or two before and failed, they can count me out.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:40 PM
aoC_PRoZaK

never had any probs with audigalaxy. i´m a pretty experienced user, and i have by time learned how to use the shit i need only. a little work with regedit or simply not installing some webhancer and likely stuff,can help. nevertheless, i reinstall the OS about every two months. i simply love a clean comp and i try a lot of software so i think i need this. i´m a performance junkie
Old 12-19-2001, 08:08 PM
Simo

You too???

I thought that I was the only person who habitually reinstalled their OS.

I feel cool.....
Old 12-19-2001, 10:20 PM
aoC_PRoZaK

i hardly know anywone who doesn´t
Old 12-21-2001, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

I agree.  It's kind of pathetic, in my opinion, that Napster even believes they have a chance at any following.  If a p2p program gets shut down, people will move to a new one the same day.  The long period of time Napster has spent tied up in legal issues, half a dozen new file sharing programs (such as those previously mentioned...WinMX, Morpheus, Audiogalaxy, etc.) have become immensely popular.  With the benefits the others offered over Napster while both were concurrently in existance, Napster, to be blunt, stands little to no chance of any popularity.  It's sad to see the pioneer in widespread p2p file sharing die, but sh!t happens.