Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 11-24-2002, 06:32 PM
The_Other_One

Default Windows 2000 boot problems!

HELP! OK, remember my previous problem where I couldn't boot when I installed that 10G HD, but could without. Well, I needed some stuff off my boot HD, so I stuck it in my only other 2000 computer. I get that same screen(yes, it was booting of THIS computer's HD, not the one I just installed) Well, I removed it, and tested the computer to be sure I installed everything correctly. It starts to boot, then gives me that same error! I changed NOTHING on the MB. All I did was disconnect the CD for that HD, and reconnected it once I finished. Could my other HD have a virus that spread to my computer? If so, how can I repair it? I can't get to Windows, safe mode, or command prompt! Of course, I can boot to a disk, but the HD is NTFS...

What can I do???
Old 11-27-2002, 11:48 AM
CB-Byte

:/ Hmm. Don't think about virus and stuff like that yet, it is possible that your cables are loose, jumper setup is not properly configured and BIOS definitely BIOS setup. Try to enable the IDE autodetect feature.

What was the error again? is it a "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" what does it says?
Old 11-28-2002, 12:56 AM
The_Other_One

HA! I'm the best
Here's what I think happened... I was given a 10G HD to repair. Well, after working on it, one of my computers wouldn't boot with it and it's master 3.2G HD, but would work alone. I just figured it was the MB(as it's been messing up, died the next day.) Well, that master HD was the one I stuck in my computer. Apparently, the 10G had a virus, passed it to my 3.2G, then passed it to both my 10G and 80G! SO...I did a LLF, partition, and HLF on both drives induvidually. I put them together, installed 2000 and converted them to NTFS.

Well, just thought somone may find this of intrest...
Old 11-28-2002, 05:57 AM
CB-Byte

Yup, Ur the best! I've o'lready thought of that, but that would be my last resort...and it always work Re-Partitioning & Formatting.

CB-Byte