Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to dr_hemlock2
Default interesting

i am running out of time i need to get this puppy built i need a bracket from kingwin for my 939 should have read the fine print said bracket was optional i mean duh! and i need a video card so i can attach the video cooling block i would like to attach everything. your heads up on the header problem is great will watch out for it. am thinking on placing a black light or something similar inside for looks and to watch for drips not paranoid am i heh!. as i will be going to school and am building this with my extra money it is not enough i wish i could do it buy it all at once but i have time to think about everything nd how i want them placed in case. i am planning on giving the computer the name "Colossus II" from the movie i taped awhile back and use a dremel tool to place it on its side and front where not sure yet. i figure i will use like a Gothic font so it looks cool. today i will be training someone on computer usage and trying to get them setup for office use wish me luck person is scared to death of computers but i have experience and time on my side for her. keep in touch as i will you i plan to document the complete build in pictures and text and place it here and a few other forums that i subscribe. wish me luck i am stuck right now on whether to go ahead and upgrade to windows x64 what are your thoughts on this matter i planned to do this anyway just not sure about driver support. although i have a few sites (forums) that support the x64 operating system in case of emergency perhaps i need to just jump right in there like i did from windows 98 to windows xp any way just started wandering off there have a great day.
James "doc"
Old 11-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Techie

I really don't believe the jump to winxp 64bit is worth it. You may have some software benefit from it, but not much, and as you said there may be unforeseen driver problems.

I know my VFD display doesn't have 64bit drivers. Wonder if Matrix Orbital does. I wouldn't even consider a LCD as the VFD's and PLED's are so much brighter and readable.

If you do want to make the jump, and winXP 64bit is selling for quite cheap, then I suggest you google around and see how what issues others are having with drivers for your intended hardware.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to highonv8splash

Ah the clear plexiglass case. The only one I've actually seen in use was extremely dusty and it really makes the case look horrible. For anyone else still debuting teh case, I'd advise against it for the looks unless you plan on upkeeping it some. (Which more computer nerds generally aren't interetested in doing )