Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-16-2002, 01:22 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Default Re: Next Microsoft Server OS

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.  How do you really expect to track the efforts of a company that release their first OS and in actuallity have just wrote a very nice GUI for someone elses' OS?  Win 3.1 was a fancy verious of DOS with centralised print drivers (dos programs all came with there own printer compatable drivers) and mutli tasking ability.  If it was even that fancy.  I couldn't tell you the last time I used (if I even have).  Alot of their plans have changed with the DOJ and the antitrust proccedigns.  Not to mention a lot of companies refused to take up some of the .net software.  At least in it's first version, when you didn't but software or save your files on your harddrive.  You just bought a subscription to like "word" and went online and wrote your doc and saved them on the internet.  Or am I the only one that remembers that crap from last year?  
Old 06-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

wow, I just totally skipped over ve's and che'f post. Too much to read, brain can't handle it op:  
Old 06-17-2002, 02:28 AM

no man u should read it...very usefull information...for the most part!  I dont feel that it had anything to do w/ chef leaving though!!!  I dont think that that is right...he needs to respond to vee_ess's post if he really has a point to prove...so i guess that he has moved on to binarica.com....you can see that under his closing name he has put binarica.com...im guessing that that will be his "preferred site" for now instead of Netsmog!  I feel that what he has done is wrong and that he should have came back with a logical explination to vee_ess's posts...but instead he wanted everyone here to feel sympathetic for him and his state of being...that in which i do not....IMHO!  I feel that threatening somebody and then running away from the crime scene is cowardly....just my sixty-three cents...
Old 06-17-2002, 07:28 AM
jinx

First off, this whole debate got out of hand, vee_ees made an unneccessary and uncalled for remark to *.chef whom was only responding to the original post. Read the first 3-4 posts.

This is a public forum where by anyone can respond to any post anyway he wishes. If vee_ees disagrees with a post, he should address that aspect, not 'talk down' to a poster that made it, ofcourse *.chef defended himself, wouldn't you ?

Having been on the internet from the beginning, when there were only 2500 (twenty five hundred) pages and I use to flip them one at the time each night, and having used (or tried to) windows since the very first edition, I wouldn't take anything MS said as serious about anything.
But MS advertized XP as being the first non-dos version of Windows. All the previous vers were based on the 1984 MSDOS which Bill hijacked from IBM in 1982- read the history.

*.chef has contributed some highly accurate and very technical posts on here, as his experience reflected, I hate to see him leave under this condition.
*.vee_ees seems to feel too strong in his own convictions and should tone down his temper.

Guys , lets face it, you are not actually upset at each other ! but only at the topic !
Why not forget this whole episode and continue on ! This forum needs all the posters it can muster !
Old 06-17-2002, 09:31 AM

I think what vee_ess was mearly trying to do is not let his fellow member be mislead...his information as well was to the point, true, and were the straight facts of of Microsoft's website...i dont think that he posted that long post just to create mayhem or retalitate against chef, but instead provide him with infromation directly off of the site, as i said.  Sure anyone would defend them selves in this situation...but i feel that chef was the initiator in this case.  When posting, i dont think that it is right to aim a certain comment at a certain individual, unless it is a compliment. Although both were quick to jump at one another...i doubt that threatening a fellow member is not a way of resolving an issue, or falsely accusing them of something that they never committed...in this predicimet, in looked like chef put time and effort into his combacks, generally very offensive and aimed towards getting vee_ess mad...i too took part in his put downs and although they didnt bother me at all...i feel that they were very unnecessary and uncalled for...

Quote:
Posted by: Chef Posted on: May 28th, 2002, 2:28pm
One PM is on the way for mr. serious  
Quote:
Posted by: Chef Posted on: May 30th, 2002, 8:20am
that's just not your damn business  

have fun  
Quote:
You can behave here the way you want as far as moderators don't care about. But if you will show your disgusting manners at Binarytalk.com forums our moderators would take all legal actions & hunt your ass badly. Then you'll face some facts  
After all these...it would definetly tend to get a fellow person mad...you have to admit. Sarcasm took a major factor in this situation as well...will all of the uncalled for closures after insults such as...have fun, cheers, and  .  I am not trying to point out that Chef was the villian of this because it takes two people to argue and one person by itself just isnt enough...so.  It seems that it is too late to regain chef back...it looks as though he has permenently moved to posting on binarytalk.com.  With that being said...i suggest that keefe locks this thread before it upscales way out of our reach and ends up ruining this forum...