Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Techware Labs News

Old 02-04-2003, 09:43 PM
George

Default ATI Radeon 9900 Pro in mass production

Impressive move by ATI on how they get their GeforceFX killer out sooner with many new features over R300 although full spec's not confirmed yet. A little note for hyperthreading P4 system owners, a 350W power supply is recommanded. Can you say All-in-Wonder Radeon 9900 Pro 256mb? OooOoh!

"We expect the chip to launch at a core clock of 375MHz. It will incorporate DirectX 9.1 features, which is great if you're going to keep the card for at least two years, but don't expect to see any games written for it released for at least a year. ATI will brand the chip the Radeon 9900 Pro, and the card will be equipped with 128 MB memory while supporting 256MB configurations for its partners."

An ATi sales rep reported.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:29 PM
Formula24

Default Alright! can somone tell me----

As many of us would like to know when new king going to release its precious 9900 pro, admitedly the Nvidia conqurer! I mean its all to much really for a Nvidia enthusiast to see his company faltering, as it nears its demise! Atleast from the company of the industry " Leaders " Now on to Ati, anways stable as hell, I'll give em' that, and now it seems they have the market by the perverbial Balls, and there's nothing I can do but switch, tho I still hate the BS Catalyst driver system! --which brings me to my real question.. When I get my 9900 Pro--possibly all-in-wonder, will i be able to get better drivers then the catalysts?? or do I have to take it in the @$$ for the while it takes to get used to their unfamiliar layout?
Old 03-23-2003, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

In the ultimate scheme of things, nVidia is the more powerful, and even whoops up on 3DLabs. I am not sure why they don't downplay some of their workstation technology. nVidia is still the king.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:43 PM

Yeah. I'd have to agree...the NVIDIA reign of terror won't be put to sleep that easy. Man, I remember back to the days of the Wildcat production. "Holy crap...we need one of those" heh...NVIDIA blow's them out of the water.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Yes...MIK3 knows which ones I am talking about.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:19 AM

Indeed
Old 03-24-2003, 06:32 AM
geek-wannabe

Default nvidia is YOUR daddy, and mine

whoa, this post hasnt been touched for a while...

I get where you guys are comin from too...

hell, i have a ti4400 (not the greatest advance in its time, but simply a beautiful card for today's games), and a radeon 9700 that i got FREE.
YES FREE.im not shitting you, honest. (but i dont think i should go into details on how i obtained that card, a strange story indeed) and i still use my ti4400. WHY?
drivers man, and that beautiful, pure, nvidia feeling.
oh so smooth.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:10 PM
Shwag

Default Free?

If you got it for free and are not using it..yes nvidia does have THE best drivers out. But this geforce 2 MX is killin me. How about you juss give the radeon to me?? I will pay shipping phadefex@netscape.net
Old 04-08-2003, 03:40 AM
geek-wannabe

sorry man,i sold it a week ago, i shouldve checked replies on the forum first. ill let you know if anything else "comes my way".

i think the next card i buy (really, i do buy stuff too) is gonna be a 256mb just for braggin rights.
hey why the hell not?
Old 04-14-2003, 06:38 PM
tridith

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek-wannabe
i think the next card i buy (really, i do buy stuff too) is gonna be a 256mb just for braggin rights.
hey why the hell not?
WOW you must have a lot of money to be talking like that...lol
oh ya btw.
hook me up to if you can and don't mind.

tridith@hotmail.com

thanks man