Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 01-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Treo 600 Unlocking!

Ever since I bought my first Treo 600 I set out to find how to unlock it. Unforunetly, I never solved the problem for myself. A few fellas from Treocentral.com, however, did solve the problem.

Here are the instructions on how to fully unlock any Treo 600:

Unlocking is actually quite simple:

Part One:

1. Download and install Card Export. NOTE: The Card Export shareware install file is attached to this post.

2. Make sure you can see the Treo's SD card as a logical drive on the machine the Treo is connected to.

3. Dowload the flash, patched.zip, here.

Part Two:

1. Unzip all the files and copy them to the /PALM/LAUNCHER folder on your SD card.

2. Hard reset the Treo.

3. Navigate to the card using the standard application launcher and run FirmwareUpdater.prc.

4. Click OK, click the Update Now button (I may have forgotten one or two OK clicks here so don't hesitate to correct me here).

5. Sit back and relax, it's going to take a good 10 minutes.

6. The phone will automatically hard reset at the end of the process.

That's all, really. Note that I think it does do the entire 2.09 firmware upgrade, so all this should even work when you're on an older firmware version. I recommend you do the regular upgrade first though.

Good luck!

Click on some banners while you are here!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:57 AM
idyllic

Keefe,

thanks for the instructions. The firmware upgrade seems to have work perfectly; at least as far as upgrading the firmware. Now here comes the stupid question: is there a deffinitive method for checking if the Treo is unlocked without inserting another SIM card?

I don't really have any plans to use it over-seas or with another provider; I just hate purchasing something and not having FULL use of it.

Cheers

idyllic
Old 02-15-2004, 08:04 AM
momentum

Got as far as dowloading onto the card but cannot navigate to where I can see the files on the card. when i click on CARD INFO, i can see that there is 10.6mb used but don't know how to get to the files. any help appreciated.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:57 AM
jsa

tested with sunrise (CH) works perfectly fine
Old 02-15-2004, 09:03 AM
jsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentum
Got as far as dowloading onto the card but cannot navigate to where I can see the files on the card. when i click on CARD INFO, i can see that there is 10.6mb used but don't know how to get to the files. any help appreciated.
likely reason:
files in wrong folder on SD/MMC card? It must be "//Palm/Launcher" (upper/lower case doesn't matter).

The card should be shown as last item in the categories dropdown in the app launcher
Old 02-15-2004, 07:55 PM
bicha1

Default Need to check if my treo 600 is unlocked.

is there any way to check to see if my treo 600 is unlocked on the phone somewhere?
Old 02-17-2004, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

I'm not sure on this phone...
Old 02-17-2004, 08:35 PM
bicha1

Default It works

I installed the SIM card from a friend who owns a cingular card and it worked like a charm. I have ATT service.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:28 PM
nishant880

Default treo 600 unlocking

Hi! Just bought a Treo 600 in London which is locked to Orange UK, which i desperately need to unlock. Have downloaded the patch software, the firmware update versions 2.08 and 2.09, the card export software etc. I think have all i need to be able to unlock my phone as well as upgrade the firmware... Anyways, the problem is - the softick card export software, when installed into my Treo 600 is recognised as 'dirty', and the instrument won't allow me to operate the application... Is there anyother version that works??

Also, other than unlocking the phone, what are the other benefits of installing the update versions... currently, under phone\menu\options\phone info on my Treo the Firmware field is blank, the software field says Treo600-1.0-OUK and the Hardware field says B...

Please help...
Old 02-19-2004, 06:38 PM
idyllic

nishant880,

I read somewhere that the firmware update is suppoded to fix/enable the use a hands-free car kit which is avaiable from Handspring. Now as far as I know, the "patched" firmware upgrade was designed to remove the lock specifically, but may in fact also fix issues with the car kit. I can niether confirm nor deny this as I have a soft-top on the Jeep and it's way too noisy to use anything but a headset.

Cheers

idyllic