Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Junior Techie

Exclamation Odd trouble!

I have an odd trouble with FTP. If I approach my (ISPConfig)Server from outside, that means from the WAN, it runs normaly (I anticipate this is natural velocity at least. Even though it could be often faster. ). But if I approach it via LAN it's every really sluggish. It must be some web/firewall matter. Has anyone any hint? BTW: my ISPConfig-Server is in the DMZ and thus my LAN customer is in a distinct subnet. But there should be no restrictions vom the LAN->DMZ from the firewall. I have disabled the ISPConfig firewall overly. So I wear't recognize where's the trouble really. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited by daywalker : 06-16-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

You problem does not seem to be clearly stated to me, but I gather what you are trying to say is that you have an FTP server that responds via the Internet at reasonable speeds, but not over your local network. How are you accessing the FTP server from you LAN, and how does your LAN respond to normal Internet activity?
Old 06-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Techie

Sounds like it could be caused by QOS and packet shaping on the local router,brouter. If your using a switch, that's even more reason for the slowdown as you'll get data collision.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrootdude View Post
Sounds like it could be caused by QOS and packet shaping on the local router,brouter. If your using a switch, that's even more reason for the slowdown as you'll get data collision.
Hi dude what is QOS!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Junior Techie

ooops no response!
reply immediately!
thanks again
Old 10-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker View Post
Hi dude what is QOS!
QOS = Quality Of Service. It's an algorithmic approach to ensuring that real-time data streams (VoIP, streaming video, multiplayer games) are given real-time priority, and that non-realtime data like HTTP text and binary downloads, while not actually slowed down, are not given realtime priority that they don't need.

Not sure what you'd need to do to fix this, as I don't know what router you use, but you've got the manual. Also, GIYF.