Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-24-2001, 09:01 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Default Another problem with Windows

Got another gripe with windows.  I have 98se and am trying to run some old programs.  I mean old, old programs.  Min requirments are 386sux 16 and 2meg ram and 1 extended.  Problem is it wants to run in real dos mode.  98 got rid of this (of course) and removes alot of old games from the reach of normal gamers.  I figure there had to be an emulator for this but I ain't sure.  If ya'll know of one that let's you run old stuff let me know.  I tried to run it anyway and it crashed.  Then I tried to restart in MS-DOS which is very neutered and has almost no functions left.  It allways crashed even if it almost ran.  What can I do?  Unless someone knows of a download of Battlechess that can run in 98.  
Old 06-29-2001, 11:28 AM
SinnopS

Default Re: Another problem with Windows

how about making a small partition and installing DOS on that
Old 07-02-2001, 07:26 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Good idea.  Only problem is I only got one computer and it's a laptop.  I really need to build me another system.  Just waitin on mo' money.  Know what I mean.
Old 08-14-2001, 06:07 PM
bwbarbieri

You have only one computer, and.....?  I've seen people on single-drive systems with drives as small as 300 to 500 MB construct multiple partitions.

Try System Commander or Partition Magic (or other free Partition managers) to repartition your drive without losing the current setup.  Or, make an image of the current drive and repartition using fdisk from DOS.   [I think DOS might have to be in partition 1 -- not 0.]