Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Operating Systems

Old 10-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Dakine

Default Folder redirection in Windows (W2k and XP)

Hi

In Win Srv 2003, I'm setting up a GPO to redirect users' My Documents folders to their network home drives.

The problem is only WinXP PCs work, but Win2K PCs do not work. The event log on a Win2K PC has these 2 entries every time a user logs in.

EventID: 106
Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The full source path was C:\Documents and Settings\dakine\My Documents. The full destination path was \\%HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%. At least one of the shares on which these paths lie is currently offline.

EventID: 1000
The Group Policy client-side extension Folder Redirection was passed flags (0) and returned a failure status code of (4350).

I searched everywhere in Google.com, but there seemed to be no solution for this.

Your help is needed.
Thanks very much :/
Old 12-16-2003, 10:26 AM
gurnles

Check the permissions on the policy folder itself, and the subfolders for the folder redirection.

Get the GUID of the policy you know some ugly {123-45-122563-992889Oad} looking number.

Find that folder in c:\winnt\sysvol\sysvol\domainname\policies\{GUID}

then in there, check the permissions and attributes (read only) in
User\Document & Settings & fdeploy.ini in that folder.

I was having the same problem (copied policies from a CD, and they kept the read only attributes).

-Gurn
Old 02-28-2004, 07:26 PM
stinhoutx

Default Check this out....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...anage_faq.mspx

Q. Can I use environment variables with Folder Redirection?

A. Folder Redirection is only able to process two environment variables: %username% and %userprofile%. Other environment variables such as %logonserver%, %homedrive% and %homepath% will not work with folder redirection.

Q. So I can't redirect to my users' home directories then?

A. Windows 2000 does not support redirection to home directories directly, but you can use the full UNC path to redirect to a home directory. Windows XP allows you to redirect a user's My Documents folder to his or her home directory without using UNC paths, but the redirection to the home directory policy will fail to apply on Windows 2000 clients.