Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 02-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

ok.. boot from the cd and install lol...
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 03-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Make sure you are booting off the CD and the BIOS is set to boot from CD.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:01 PM
delphineus462

I am having the same problem with the error message. Did anyone ever figure this out?
Old 04-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
NTLDR is missing just means your MBR got messed up or something along those lines and the program that is used to get windows to turn on can't be found. This isn't a big deal. There are several ways to fix this. I believe the most common is to pop in your XP/2000 cd, boot, get to the command line, and do a fix /mbr or something along those lines. i'm heading out right now, so i can't grab yo uthe exact command, but googling or MS's technet site should prove to be very useful. I wouldn't be too worried about this unless you are getting many errors. That could indicate that your harddrive is dying and that it is corrupting files on it (which means you should get those files off that harddrive as soon as possible). but htat's only if you start getting many errors about different files being missing/corrupt. one or two or so shouldn't be thought of as a big deal
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 04-20-2004, 06:15 PM
cherrypie

this should be in the OS section...... if you have already installed windows and this is coming up u need to re-install...
Old 04-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Chronique Technique
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Prometheus

recreate the partiton i had this exact error

once booted just format and recreate the partition
Old 05-27-2004, 04:11 PM
ybeddyj

Well from the look/sound of things it seem that you/someone else had use win2k/Xp to write signature to the harddrive / create primary partition. this process usually sets the partition as active as well thus indicating that it may be booted from. this may pose a problem if u dont arrange the devices properly in your pc and your bios isnt set so as to provide the desired results. this as your xp cd wont recognize that u'r hard disk drive is clean so to start setup automatically.

What you need to do is make sure that you set the first boot device in u'r bios to be cdrom.
at boot stage the system will boot from the cd(*provided that u'r OS cd is bootable and you remember to put it in the drive prior to it checking for the cd*).
it'll give you about 5 seconds to press any key to boot from the cd (again) if you do press a key in this time it'll boot finally from the cd and start textmode setup process
Then you should be good to go
Old 06-23-2004, 04:43 PM
twobells

Do you have a external usb hard drive installed on your system?

Many times if i forget to turn off the external usb drive I get that exact message.
Basically the bios can't handle the confusion.

What is truly odd is that my new Asus SK8V (a awesome board) has USB 1&2 detection in bios yet the same thing happens if I don't turn off prior prior to shutdown or on booting.

TwoBells