Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 03-09-2002, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess
Default Re: Windows Xp.... :(

two things:

try www.driverguide.com with the
   username:    drivers
   password:    all

if there are no XP drivers, use your win2k drivers, but not NT4 drivers

Chef, XP is based on the NT kernel as it is NT 5.1 like 2k was NT 5.0
Old 03-11-2002, 05:14 PM
dru_peacock

Default i l0ve xp

in my opinion, i actually like xp compared to 98.

when it was was first releasesd,xp got a bad rep for bugs and compatibilty issues.
for instance,geforce2 drivers had problems (no native xp drivers),but a simple Detonator download fixed that.
ok,some older programs dont like xp, but there are/should be patches to fix this.
XP does seem kind of baby-ish though with its simple, user friendly interface and irritating help menus.

god bless bill gates and his ever bulging wallet
Old 03-11-2002, 05:36 PM
Chef

Default Re: Windows Xp.... :( ):

I dissagree with that blessing thing, but I do agree with that new look thing, that's the best thing to attract customers. New shiny look, and great help, so you'll know how to fix things

It's like to repaint your junk, so it would drive better (lol)

Cheers
Chef

Old 03-11-2002, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

I cant get Empire Earth to run on it in XP. I haven't tried it in anything else though. it just brings a black screen up then disappears
Old 03-12-2002, 01:15 PM
dru_peacock

try right-clicking the games program icon,select properties, then compatibility mode and set to windows 95 or something. ???
Old 03-14-2002, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

yeah i've tried that and it didn't work but, i asked sierra and they said it was my video card >. not XP. Score for XP.  .Minus one for cheap S3. :P

MY HUNDREDTH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 04:44 PM
grim

Default Answers instead of opinions please

Any chance of getting an actually answer to an issue or a suggestion to fix the current problem with the exception of installing another OS?
I'm having an issue with XP not recognizing my VIA master bus driver as well. An XP solution or suggestion would be much appreciated.

Don't bitch about stability and Windows. Those don't go hand in hand. Use Linux if you want stability you freaks, some people like all the features though.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Grinnin Reaper

i would reinstall the 4-1 drivers, you should be able to get the latest from the mobo manufacture site.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

I've used 98, me, 2k and xp pro.. for the "home" (or in other words dumb) computer user, ME is recommended over 98 (because of system restore and other safety features) XP has been my OS in use ever since i got it. One important note - if you do not tweak it like crazy, and do not maintain it on the regular basis, you will not be completely satisfied, but when maintained, it can be a joyous XPerience... 2k.. too much like 98 for me.. (ugly) and compatitbility sux.. no comment on speed between the os's as i haven't noticed any difference from OS, your maintenance procedures and HW determine speed.
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 04-11-2003, 05:51 AM
Marine

i love windows xp.i've had it on this computer from the day i got it and i have had no problems.........zip...none.so idk why you guys hate it so much besides the fact that microsoft has some crap in it because they are just out for the money but i never have any problems with this and it is the most stable OS i have used plus my dad has it and he has no complaints either.