Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Junior Techie

Default TechSkills.com net school?

So i want to go back to school on a small budget - does anyone have any opinion on the TechSkills.com net school - is it well regarded in the work place or what? I never heard of it

Please help!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Techie

Well, first you need to ask yourself, "What do I need to go to school for?"

If it's to start your own business, then you really don't need to go to school.
If it's to work for someone else, then you really don't need to go to school.
Let me put it this way, if it's to make money, unless the job requires it you don't need it.

If the job requires it, then the job may be willing to pay for the training. Why not ask the management of the place your working if they have an education plan, and will help with the costs. You might be surprised. Even McDonald's has a education plan to aid employees.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Junior Techie

Hey, I don't know about the training facility that you are asking about.

I would like to comment on your premise (on a small budget), and on the gotrootdude response.

I agree with gotrootdude that you need to ask yourself "What do I want to go to school for?" That is the end of my agreement with gotrootdude!

TechSkills offers training on every subject from IT to cooking. Do you know what you want?

Assuming (since this is an IT-related forum) that you are looking for IT training, then it STILL DEPENDS.

First, lets question your original premise of "a small budget." There is no direct correlation at the high end (high price does not equal good training), but at the LOW END, there is an exact correlation (low price DOES equal low quality training). Good trainers cost money!!! Good training facilities cost money!! And good training media costs money.

Any reputable school probably has a means of financing training (not necessarily Federal education assistance funding). Banks, Credit unions, and "the family" will all lend money to a serious student.

I have written a paper on how and where to begin in the IT training. I won't repeat it here, but if you are interested, look up the paper at www.hyperlearn.com/computer-training-how-do-i-start.htm
> "I don't believe in miracles. I rely on them."
> Sometimes... when you hold out for everything, you walk away with nothing.
> Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as
> well dance.
> http://www.willharper.com
> http://www.hyperlearn.com
> http://www.twosteptidewater.com