Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Techie

Send a message via AIM to tekmonkey2
Default M.U.G.E.N...got it? get it!

hey, i'm creating this thread in regards to the game M.U.G.E.N, a 2 dimensional fighting game where you can create your own stages, characters, screenpacks and add in your own music. my pack is still under construction and due to it's size is unable to be uploaded but i'm working on a way to bring it here. if you are interested, start off by going to mugenguild.com, read the info and get started. i'm being honest when i say this, you can have ANYONE fight ANYONE ANYWHERE. characters from every series have already been made and if there's someone that ou can't find, make it. it takes time but is well worth it.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator

heh, I haven't seen anything about M.U.G.E.N. in years. I used to have alot of fun with that program. It was interesting pitting random people in battle
Old 12-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to AWorthyOpponent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerMan View Post
heh, I haven't seen anything about M.U.G.E.N. in years. I used to have alot of fun with that program. It was interesting pitting random people in battle
Thats funny, I hadn't heard about it untill now...lol
Old 12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Platinium Techie

I'm a little too lazy to go and read everything on it, and hopefully not the only one...

When you say "the fighters" are you referring to random peoples creations? or are there templates, or pre configured ones, etc?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
I'm a little too lazy to go and read everything on it, and hopefully not the only one...

When you say "the fighters" are you referring to random peoples creations? or are there templates, or pre configured ones, etc?
There are a few stock characters, but it's mostly user created content. Just try googling for mugen characters and it'll turn up a whole ton. Some of them come with better documentation than others (ie combos and super move lists). Where else can you pit pikachu against spider man and sephiroth against the incredible hulk?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Techie

Send a message via AIM to tekmonkey2
Post Score....

well, you're right about that, and i'm on the road of creating my own character but mugen is made in C using allegro and is in everyword...a 2-D fighting game engine. people have already made characters from most of the good 2-d games including guilty gear. the only strain you'll probably have is just locating characters that you would actually want in the game. it took me 3 days to find all the SF3 (Street Fighter 3) characters and implement them in the game with their own stages and music to match. you can start at mugen fury (search through google.) and then use esnips.com to locate most of the other charcters. music will come easy and you should take the time to find a better screenpack if you're stuck with a small roster.(mine holds 534 chars...heh heh...)

to end this rant, i might upload my mugen soon, i'll post here for download. [tekmonkey is now on a banana break...]