Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > General Board

Old 06-16-2001, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default MP3Pro Technology Released! FREE DOWNLOAD AT RC

I just noticed that the new MP3Pro technology tools have been released. And the awesome part is that it's only one program that encodes / decodes the files. No more need for Winamp and an encoder....This is all in one

It's avalable at RCA.com.

Link Here

A little bleb from PCWORLD.com

MP3pro "dramatically improves sound quality in terms of bit rates," he says. An MP3pro file carries near-CD-quality sound recorded at 64 kilobits per second, about equal to that of the Windows Audio version and about half the file size required for the same song in the standard MP3 format. An MP3 music file recorded at 128 kbps will take up about 1 megabyte per minute of sound. The new codec allows recordings of two minutes per megabyte without losing fidelity.

The original MP3 codec discarded some high-pitch sounds in order to prevent encoding errors in low-bit-rate recordings, Arland says. The result sounded more like a tape recording than a CD, he says. An MP3pro recording uses two tracks, one like the old MP3 and another just for high-frequency sounds. The MP3pro "improves the high-end frequency response ... the higher pitches are more distinct," he says.

The new codec is backward-compatible with MP3 players--an MP3pro player will be able to play MP3 files. However, existing MP3 players will have some trouble with high-pitch sounds on MP3pro files because the old readers won't play the secondary high-frequency track.
Old 06-19-2001, 10:45 AM
Duboids

Default Re: MP3Pro Technology Released! FREE DOWNLOAD AT R

Ok cool TY I will check it out     ;D
Old 06-20-2001, 03:49 AM
the_warlord

very cool, thanx man. i just D/L'd it and will check it out in the next few days. i'll let you know how it goes

the verdict ? : it goes good for 64k/b encryption. the sound quality is equivalent to standard mp3 at 128k/b. the player however is extremely lightweight (it is only a demo version after all) and does not support most options.
the technology is promising but where are the fully functional free rippers / burners ?
Old 06-25-2001, 06:12 AM
chaplndave

[quote author=admin link=board=general&num=992707587&start=0#0 date=06/16/01 at 10:06:27]
I just noticed that the new MP3Pro technology tools have been released. And the awesome part is that it's only one program that encodes / decodes the files. No more need for Winamp and an encoder....This is all in one

It's avalable at RCA.com.

Link Here

A little bleb from PCWORLD.com

MP3pro "dramatically improves sound quality in terms of bit rates," he says. An MP3pro file carries near-CD-quality sound recorded at 64 kilobits per second, about equal to that of the Windows Audio version and about half the file size required for the same song in the standard MP3 format. An MP3 music file recorded at 128 kbps will take up about 1 megabyte per minute of sound. The new codec allows recordings of two minutes per megabyte without losing fidelity.

The original MP3 codec discarded some high-pitch sounds in order to prevent encoding errors in low-bit-rate recordings, Arland says. The result sounded more like a tape recording than a CD, he says. An MP3pro recording uses two tracks, one like the old MP3 and another just for high-frequency sounds. The MP3pro "improves the high-end frequency response ... the higher pitches are more distinct," he says.

The new codec is backward-compatible with MP3 players--an MP3pro player will be able to play MP3 files. However, existing MP3 players will have some trouble with high-pitch sounds on MP3pro files because the old readers won't play the secondary high-frequency track.
[/quote]

Admin:  Is there a new recommended MP3 player out there on the net?  Just got my TDK velo CD 16x10x40x and I am anxious to record some great music.  Any suggestions?  Also, what are the best Napster alternatives out there?  Thanks!