Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Techware Labs News

Old 08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
News Editor
Platinium Techie

Default Intel E8600 Core 2 Duo Processor Review @ Legit Reviews

For those of you that have been in the dark for the last year, Intel's 45nm Wolfdale processors have been the best thing since sliced bread. For the average consumer these processors offer fantastic performance with incredibly low TDPs and prices. Just recently our favorite piece of Hafnium infused circuits received a makeover with the release of the new E0 stepping. Read on to see how the 3.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Processor does!

Quote: "6GHz was easily attainable with the E8600 having an ungodly low 1.84vcore and I was able to bench between 6100MHz and 6200MHz depending on the benchmark. Consumers with single-stage phase change systems should be able to easily hit speeds of 5200Mhz to 5500MHz as I was booting at 5500MHz around -40 Celsius with ease. This is where the E0 stepping really shines, past 5GHz it just tears everything else to shreds and makes it look easy...

Read Full Article here.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Junior Techie

Reaching the 4737 mhz with air cooling is not super impressive. My e6600 (2.66 ghz) reached the 3500 mhz. 65nm