Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 03-11-2002, 04:19 PM
Aoshi

Default win2k help

i am really confused ???, i am tryign to apply a group policy to a windows 2000 professional client from a windows 2000 server. The server is running a domain and has active directory running.  I can log in in fine and all but the group policy wont apply.  The way i ahve it setup right now is that i have a test user in a dummy organizational unit, and the organizational unit has the group policy applied to it. I tried everything that i can think of, but to no avail.  i tried to block policy inheritance, i tried to disable the default domain policy and use a organizational units policy only but that wont ork either. if anyone out there can offer any advice it would be welcomed and appreciated, thx
~Aoshi~
Old 03-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Chef

Default Re: win2k help

That's odd indeed, because OU local policy will override any other policy. If you set domain policy and then special one for OU it should work fine. Try to delete and recreate all existing policies. Too much policies is a nightmare   :
What policy criterion dosn't work exactly ?

Cheers
Chef
Old 03-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Aoshi

Default Re: win2k help

thx chef for actually posting!!!!!!!
but i found out what was wrong, the company that setup the server had teh wrong DNS address, they had it point to the ISP instead of the server itself.  win2k is really picky about the DNS working right especially with active directory.