Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 01-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Maverick

Default Al. case + S478 cooler

Hi all, I'm a newbie here, so welcome to ya all.

I was wondering if a Lian-Li PC71 case produces a lot of noise or not? I know it's not really case modding, but I like the looks of such a black aluminium case.

Second of all, I was wondering if any of you could recommend me a nice CPU cooler for my P4 2Ghz. I got the retail fan, but my processor runs at full load at 60°C. My opinion is that it's too hot, so I'm looking for a good cooling, but certainly quiet, solution.

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2003, 05:18 PM
CiKoTiC

Any case you buy don't normally generate a lot of noise, it's what you put in it that does. If you want to do some serious overclocking and don't want to put a bunch of noisy fans in the case, then you might want to go with watercooling. For general use without overclocking, a good HSF will do just fine without a lot of noise.

The AVC Sunflower is a great cooler that is very quiet. The CoolerMaster heat pipe is also one of the best at cooling but is very noisy.

Stay away from the Thermaltake Volcano series. They might look cool, but that's about the only cooling they do.

Here is a link that reviews just about every HSF out there.

http://www.pcstats.com/articlesearch...ch=Get+Listing
Old 01-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Maverick

Thanks for the great reaction...
I'm no overclocker and I don't want to become one too. I just want to cool down my P4.

I listened to the MP3 sample on the website you gave me, but it sounds like an extremely loud cooler in comparison to my standard Intel cooler. Is that normal or am I wrong?
Old 01-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

the intel cooler is quiet.. and works great.. i have a 1.6 and i overclocked to 2.4 with stock cooling with great stability... you make it seem like overclocking is a bad thing.. no no no! oh well if you want to not get the most bang for your buck thats your problem i guess :/
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 01-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Maverick

First of all, my opinion about overclocking is not as negative as you think. I just don't want to be one, because I'm no techie and if you don't exactly know what you're doing, maybe it's better to just leave everything like it is.

Second of all, does anyone have any experiences with Lian-Li cases in general?
Old 01-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Gixxer420

I lub my lian li pc 75. I'll probably will never buy another case.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:05 PM
CiKoTiC

I've worked on Polpots case a little and have to agree the Lian Li cases are very good. VERY light and extremely easy to work on.

If you want a great quiet cooler for gerneral use (and overclocking if you ever choose to do it) go with the AVC Sunflower.