Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Operating Systems

Old 11-08-2002, 02:27 PM
bobzwol

Default REGENV32 HAS CAUSED AN ERROR

I just got the sane problem Fri Nov 01.
doing the 2 suggested fixes did nothing.
I'm limping along by not loading group items. It's the only way I can get ME to complete loading.
I cannot run Windows ScanDisk or Defrag either.
I think there must be a locked file or locked sector, (probably boot sector)
(Both utilities die immediately).

I'm ready to abandon ME and go 2000.
Z.
Old 11-12-2002, 04:27 AM
jesse

Default wha ive erd an out to try

one frm i found says that they had the same deal, they got norton and it found a virus corrupting 200 files including regenv32.exe. it fixed it, and they still decided to re-format after this to make sure. so what am i doing now? downloading norton perhaps... p.s. one user said mcaffe didn't find it if that helps any N O R T O N
Old 11-15-2002, 12:18 PM
usamars@hotmail.com

Default reinstallation of win 3.1.1 in a 386 ibm

hello names is tom i am into learning more about old p/c and i had tried to install win95 and could not so then i put win3.1 back in and also calmira2 well i started having problems with entering windows the only way i can get back in is reinstall . and i then check it it takes me back from dos to win but if you shut the computer down for the night it won't let you into win prompt. i don't think i have enhanced memory? aleast thats what the error messages tell me. is it something to do with calmaria2 since it is part of win95? what should i do?
Old 11-28-2002, 12:00 PM
Niall

Default Regenv32

Ok this is going to take a little while to explain, I'm going to try and be as thorough as I can.

I recently re-installed ME on my machine but have been getting an error in Regenv32.exe when I shut down or run msconfig. The system is also very prone to go to blue screen. Also Outlook Express takes about 5 mins to startup and there are also issues with IE stalling when trying to enter text in text fileds or clicking the submit button.

I tried some fixes unsuccessfully (renaming the autoexec and copnfig files and recreating blank ones / renaming regenv32 as .old and extracting a fresh copy from the CD). So I fdisk / reformatted and tried again - same problem.

I tried installing Norton Antivirus 2000 -- it told me I had the w95.Spaces.1445 virus and that almost all of my windows files had been corrupted by it (this was a brand new fresh install). Did some research w95.Spaces is only supposed to affect Win95 machines. More research suggested that the w32.Opaserv.Worm virus disguises itself as the w95.Spaces. I downloaded a removal tool for this but there was no trace of the virus (I also did some manual checks and none of the files normally associated with this virus could be found).

I have since fdisked / reformatted / reinstalled many times but have not been able to solve the problem. If I install Norton after a fresh install it still finds the w95.Spaces virus in all my files.

Fdisk reports that my C: partition has 43% usage even though this is blatantly incorrect. Even after a complete format of C:, fdisk still reports a 43% usage. Could corrupt files remain after deleting and recreating the partition and a format?????????

That's pretty much all the information I have. I really hope someone somewhere has an idea what might be wrong with my PC. All help greatfully recieved, thanx,

Niall McCarthy
niallsos@eircom.net
Old 11-28-2002, 12:29 PM
CB-Byte

Default Re: REGENV32 HAS CAUSED AN ERROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefe
I know a very easy and quit smart solution to this problem.

Don't use Windows ME!!

Use windows 98, 2000, or even XP instead of ME.
Correct Correct Correct, Smart solution for a blunt OS.

Dats Y U'r the Administrator.

CB-Byte
Old 12-07-2002, 01:03 PM
jcollier

Default regenv32 has caused an error

I just search the rest of MS knowledgebase and found Article 308906 with two suggested fixes for fixing the problem of the regenv32. I used both tricks for autoexec.bat/config.sys and for regenv32 which has solved the problem so far
Old 01-14-2003, 06:25 AM
yatish

Default virus protection

pleasse give me removal tool for virus[/b]
Old 02-07-2003, 10:04 AM
xcept

Default Virus infection

HELP I HAVE VIRUS W95.SP
ACES.1445 HOW CAN I REMOVE IT??? PLZZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 10:57 PM
madhu achanta

Default w95.spaces.1445 virus removal tool

I had a w95.spaces.1445 virus in my system. It is not cleaned with AVG antivirus software. So please give insructions for hw to clean this virus.....................
Old 04-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Get an antivirus.