Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 10-29-2001, 11:37 AM
lynchmob

Default I need a laptop!!

If anyone has any idea where I can get a great laptop for an economical price please let me know!  Thanks!
Old 12-11-2001, 03:35 AM
Hulaboy

Default Re: I need a laptop!!

Lynchmob,

If you're still looking for a good deal on a laptop and if you're not afraid to buy something from ebay, there's one person you might want to try.  If you do a username search for "resourceconcepts" and check out the laptops he has, you'll see that he sells laptops relatively cheap.  The reason why he has such good deals is because his organization acquires off-lease laptops and resells them again.

I was able to purchase a P3 650 Mhz Dell Latitude CPxJ with 14.1" LCD screen, 12 GB HD, 128 MB RAM, 56K modem, CD and Floppy with parallel cable connection(regularly, cable is extra when bought new), and two batteries for $650.  On top of that, the laptops come with a 90-day warranty from him.  Most of the laptops have an extended warranty purchased by the original owner but I'm not sure if it is transferable or not.

It's a great laptop and I can assure you you'll never find a better deal here in San Diego.  I live in San Diego too by the way.  Upgrading the RAM is very easy since I was able to purchase an extra stick of 128 MB for $30.  Upgrading the hard drive is pretty easy too.  Well, I hope I've helped you out some.  I just checked his stock and it looks like the only ones he has in stock range from P2 266 to P2 400 Latitudes going for $1 - $153.  These auctions end on the 13th by the way...
Old 12-11-2001, 01:09 PM
lynchmob

Default Re: I need a laptop!!

THANKS!  I will check it out!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Junior Techie

What is necessery feature one should see in a laptop. Ram, Hard Disk, Processor Speed. What is the most important feature for get the maximum processing speed in a laptop. Please help
Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 AM
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eProperty View Post
What is necessery feature one should see in a laptop. Ram, Hard Disk, Processor Speed. What is the most important feature for get the maximum processing speed in a laptop. Please help
If you want to be technical, to get the maximum processing power out of a laptop, you want to have a good processor...LOL..

If youre upgrading, I would suggest RAM. or, if you have 2GB or more already, upgrade the Hard drive. Most come with a 5400RPM HDD, its cheap enough to get a 7200RPM, and you WILL notice a difference.

Overall, in notebooks, I would say RAM is the most important, followed by HDD size and speed, and then Processor. If you plan on running Vista, i would also make sure the video card can support AERO, as it takes up alot of resources.

However, it really just depends what youre looking for in a laptop. If you just want it to run word, IE and basic stuff, you would look for different things than if you wanted to do video editing, play games, or AutoCAD...