Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Junior Techie

Default hehe

I think god purposely sent these two nic cards down to earth just to piss me off. They're both the same card model. One of the nics came in the server (think my sisters x-finace put it in there - server is my sis' old pc). He also gave me a box (cardboard, notputer)with 3 more. One of them is the exact same model as the server has. I've just started dealing them now that I'm gonna network our dsl pipe. Card Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II (ethernet & BNCbo)Card #1Server Light in backes on, PNP picks up, windows does not think it's the card for the drivers when I try to install them. I try manually, and it can'tmunicate with it. My PC Lightes on, PNP will not pick it up...evar My Dad's PC Same thing as my PC Card #2Server Not attempted, frankly, I don't see the point My PC Light does NOTe on, PNP picks it up, drivers install fine, driver cannotmunicate with it...ever! My Dad's PC ditto -------------Systems Specs-------------Server (for dsl via ics to ethernet hub)Processor P1-166Ram 48M SRAM (two edo)Mobo Intel chipset (Unable to identify spcifically)Uses riser boardold, 3 pci, 3 isaOS Win98SEOther In order for it to even see the nic all 3 pci slots had to have a device in them (in this case 56k modem and sound card)My Dad's PCProcessor P2-450Ram 256M PC100OS Win ME mobo chipset Intel 440 BX (I think)My PCProcessor P3-667Ram 256M Pc-133OS 98SEmobo chipset Via Apollo Pro 133 (not a)As for the other 2 nics that came in the box, one is ISA netware built for dos and OS/2, which is out of the question. The other one works in my PC. Well, the driver responds. If it has to actually work with a ethernet connection has yet to be tested

_________________PHP...It kicks ASP

kingsofchaos koc
darkthrone darkthrone mmorpg
runescape kingsofchaos mmorpg
torncity torncity mmorpg
free online game monstersgame
mmorpg imperia online
free mmorpg travian
bitefight ogame