Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

umm yeahhhhhhhhhhh so anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... Merc even scares me... don't fight him. He'll tear your head off.
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 05-05-2006, 04:59 PM
xMerCLorDx

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartkid
Just who are you anyway? You sound like my teachers. Ok, im guessing your not a kid, im guessing you work for some place like an admin or IT guy. (Guesses can be wrong)
I'm a guy you ran into on the internet. Maybe I am like your teachers... I'm not an admin or an IT guy per se.

Quote:
How menny people that you know thats are 14 can use photo shop? Probably alot.
Are you being sarcastic? I really can't tell.

Quote:
How menny people do you know that fully understands HTML that are 14? Maby a good bit (html is not hard).

How menny 14 year old do you know that understand CSS, PHP and Java script enuth to use it?
Still might be a good amount of people.

How menny 14year olds can make 3D modles?
how menny can run and manage a sucsessful forum?
How menny know how to run a windows based server?
How menny even know how to use linux?
How menny know some C++, and some C#?

Now how menny 14 year olds can do that, all that? If you know someone that can tell them they have earned the right to have "smart" in there username. (and yes i can do all that)
It seems like you were being sarcastic with the photoshop bit. I honestly don't know any 14 year olds. If your questions are sincere, I don't think I know anyone so arrogant of any age, and I know some arrogant fools! It's cool that you can do those things, I'm interested in the quality of your knowledge, and what you have done with it. Mind sharing? I haven't done very much as far as I'm concerned, for someone passionate about computers.

Just for fun and to reminisce, basically my body of knowledge consists of dabbling in windows since 3.11 & DOS days, taking apart radios and playing with them, old school phreaking when phreaking was dying, dialup bbs's, early internet gaming. I did a lot of activity on AOL's 'dark side' when the first photoshop came out, and similar types of groups. I did tons of reading. Technical specs, game confs/engineering game's to do what they shouldn't, bbs discussions, some early cookbooks and color books (if anyone is aware of those semi-obscure references), and manuals of all kinds.

Middle school consisted of me playing with all the machines I could get my hands on, and usually me being a recluse in the library fixing macs for the librarian. I met my good friend that has been, and is still, running clanbbw.com. We ran a CS server in HS for a long time that was supported by the community we created. The forum has been up for a number of years now.

In HS I had my first job [bagging groceries] and built a couple computers. During this job I bought a lot of networking equipment on ebay. Continued playing games through HS. Set up pretty big lans. Ran a CS server. I also studied to take the CCNA test, which I never did.

I have used heavily just about every release of Windows except ME since the 3.11 days. I convinced my family to get an iMac 333mhz in the transition to HS. I got into unix through playing with Linux [very] briefly and learned of BSD and was instantly hooked on the BSD unixes.

Another friend of mine started a web hosting business and I was part of the operation. Although it was not a success, as hosting was not the most lucrative business plan at the time. He had a server colocated at a nice facility, the hosting site was wlwhosting.com, and is no longer in service. He has since moved to wingedleopard.net, and wrote his own forum software thinktankforums.com.

Myself and the two friends I am referring to, in HS bought a lot of wireless equipment so that we could setup a 4 house connection to the internet at different locations loadbalancing across 4 ISP's. That ended up working in a 2 point operation, but mine could never get connected because the distance was too large and triangulation was difficult without proper arial maps and/or a gps. I sold all my equipment to a friend. Check out documentation on this project: http://wingedleopard.net/lucas/projects/network/ "November 2002" In fact, I joined these forums techwarelabs.com/community/ a few months before doing this project.

In Summer '03 I moved to SoCal for college and I've been here since. I haven't really done much with computers except personal custom things: http://www.projectdp.com/project/promo.html. I still have interest in the field, especially the security portion. The network stuff has depreciated with me, and I'm not too intimidated by most tasks regarding it.

I've joined relevant groups that I try to visit regularly, 2600 la2600.org, oc2600.net, ivu irvineunderground.org, and such.

I wouldn't say that I'm the man at any of these things but it is a part of me, and some of it is also my curse. So there's me. That was fun to recall.

Quote:
This is the 2nd time in 2 years someone has started a fight about my name. I am a member of countless forums, and no one but you and evedentily my old IT buddy have had something negitive to say. I dont know why you have a problem with it, no one else does. I mean for gods sake its just a username, i could call myself monkey38492, would you be offended becuse im not an ape? I mean jesus.
I'm not fighting you, you're fighting yourself haha.

Your example is not quite right since the main problem people have is that your name is claiming an arrogant/boisterous thing, when you seem to not live up to your own claim. Your claim challenges anyone who thinks being smart is something to be proud of, and you don't seem to exemplify that idea wholly. You have the pride part down.

Quote:
Yes this is true, I was very imature a long while ago when i first joined here, alot has happened, I have changed. When I decided to come back I dident want to be the inmature little brat anymore, and was doing a good job till you had to throw in your two cents.
Well I'm glad, keep up the good work. I just stated the obvious, that your name seems misrepresentative at times.

Quote:
evedentily i do to proove i can use my name or else i wouldent be typing this.
wha?

Quote:
maybe later, i dont exactly have a computer right now i can stick unix on (and have already had to format anuther computer becuse of a failed duel boot problem aka windows had a BF)
Excuse my ignorance but, what's a BF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason425
umm yeahhhhhhhhhhh so anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... Merc even scares me... don't fight him. He'll tear your head off.
haha word up jason . don't be scared
Old 05-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Platinium Techie

Send a message via AIM to Tyler Send a message via MSN to Tyler

This thread sucks.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:52 PM
xMerCLorDx

Why don't you share your tech background Tyler? I kinda like this thread.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Platinium Techie

Send a message via AIM to Tyler Send a message via MSN to Tyler

I don't care for the pointless arguing.

Though as for me, I'm all self taught. No certifications or nothing. I did work at Dell for a day and quit because it was stupid, with a lot of stupid people. Oh and I did work at a computer store for a few months just doing sales and building, but I just don't like that type of environment.

Otherwise I personally hate computer related jobs. Well of course besides TWL, but I don't consider that your typical computer job. I just want to keep it as a hobby, not go to work and deal with computers all day, and then come home and be on the computer for fun.

Believe it or not I'm going to School soon to take police studies and I plan to become a police officer, something I've wanted to do since I was about 12.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:50 AM
xMerCLorDx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
I don't care for the pointless arguing.
It's only pointless because you don't care to see the point. I'm trying to get through to smartkid that if he has a name like that he's asking for people to prove him wrong. If he's not up to that challenge maybe he should choose something else, or not be so easily pantytwisted. It's annoying to make an involved post only for a staff member to call it succinctly "pointless".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Though as for me, I'm all self taught. No certifications or nothing. I did work at Dell for a day and quit because it was stupid, with a lot of stupid people. Oh and I did work at a computer store for a few months just doing sales and building, but I just don't like that type of environment.

Otherwise I personally hate computer related jobs. Well of course besides TWL, but I don't consider that your typical computer job. I just want to keep it as a hobby, not go to work and deal with computers all day, and then come home and be on the computer for fun.

Believe it or not I'm going to School soon to take police studies and I plan to become a police officer, something I've wanted to do since I was about 12.
Makes sense, don't bother questioning stuff so you just get the rules and ruthlessly enforce.

Societies need people like you

Otherwise, I'm interested in why people waste their lives with computer jobs if they hate them so much. If I hated any type of job I would quit and work to find what I like. Props to you for quitting Dell, that's what I'm talkin' about! If one sticks with it just because it's bearable, I pity them.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Lab Master Techie

Dell does suck... I work in a help desk and our company uses Dell and of course, they break all over the place. We HATE calling to get parts replaced...
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium

Old 05-06-2006, 01:09 PM
xMerCLorDx

That's because the good dell jobs are in India
Old 05-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Lab Master Techie

Those guys are worse... I had to fight them all week to get a monitor exchange...

Old 05-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Mad Techie

No.. I had to fight lol... 2 hours, 5 operators, and 100 dead brain cells later, I got no where. Turned out they canceled the exchange without telling me =/ So I'm just gonna do a return. Their support SUCKS! I have nothing against Indians, its just that their LACK of intelligence regarding their OWN products is quite ridiculous.

Asus A8N SLI - Opteron 148 @ 2.8 under a Zalman 7000cu LED - XFX 7800GT oc'd - 1gb Kingston Hyper X pc3000 BH5 2-2-2 - OCZ ModStream 450watt - WD 36gb Raptor - WD 320gb Storage Drive - Antec Super LanBoy - NEC 3550A 16x DVD Burner
Accessories:
ViewSonic VA1912wb 19" 8ms Widescreen - Plantronics Audio 90 - Logitech Z-640 5.1 - Razer Diamondback Plasma LE on a Ratpadz GS
Linux Box:
Pending..