Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Chef

Default Re: win 2000

Yeah WinME was another worthless OS, yet it could be different if micro would call it Win98 3rd ed officially.
The biggest mistake was to make it independent OS with specific drivers and catchy namo.
Many ppl were confused about as they thought it's new OS with fresh stuff and advanced features, however if it would be called 3rd ed and distributed as Win98 follower, ppl would probably remember about today.
I think the same thing goes with XP, it obviously has no advantages over W2K (except for that Mac looking interface, yet another attempt to screw the good thing converting it the micro's way), so sth like W2K home ed would work much better then XP.

btw, would w2k drivers work with XP ?

Cheerio
Old 06-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega
Default Re: win 2000

Some Windows 2000 drivers will work in Windows XP, despite the fact that they're not supposed to. They're liable to cause problems, but they're better than nothing. I remember the time when I got some drivers for the wrong card for the wrong OS to work on a particular sound card. Most things sounded alright, except in gaming the sounds would be all messed up. Expect little things like that to happen even if you have apparent success.