Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2005, 06:27 PM
jakethemuffin

Default tracing screen names and IP adresses

this person whose AIM screen names are yourmom10056 and blueberry1061 have been harrasing me on IM, making weird comments and stuff. i have no idea who this person is, but this person knows my name (even though i never had it on my profile). he said his name was 'andy'... i looked at his profile and it was one of those Palfun.com profiles... (www.palfun.com : basically an upgrade of a normal profile) it had a subprofile, i don't know what website it was from but the username was who (who's buddyprofile). and it was viewed more than 300,000 times i think.... and that person have been warned really a lot of times so i guess he's been doing that to a lot of other people too. i really need to figure out who it is... is there anyway i can trace this screen name? (yourmom10056, blueberry1061 ---> by the way he hasnt been getting on too often now, but once hes online he stays on for quite a while)
I NEED THIS SCREEN NAME TO BE TRACED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! can anyone help?? or if you know who it is, tell me.

i attempted tracing the screen name myself , and did a little research about IP adresses and downloaded this software called active whois from http://johnru.com/active-whois . just to test the software, i entered my own IP adress but it didn't show who i am, where i'm living at, all that basic stuff. it showed the adress of the internet company that my computer's connected to (road runner i think). i thought tracking IP adresses show who someone is+ and where they live. does anyone know how to trace IP adresses ? (getting the real adress )

i really need this to be done... if anyone in this forum can help, i'd GREATLY appreciate!! this is kind of an emergency.. please don't just skip this . if you know ANYTHING, leave a comment or IM me on IHATESJP. thanks. =) [/b]