Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-10-2001, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Re: Windows XP

I have heard of the too.  It reall Suck!!  I have also heard that it contacts microsoft over the net everytime that you install i and you can only install it a certain number of times.  That ok...some hacker will make a way around it and distribute it over the net!!
Old 06-13-2001, 05:09 AM
Jono

i't looks pretty
and ppl seem to be saying that it hase been more stable then win2000 and 98.

i have it running on my puter now and no really serious probs, and u have to remember it is a beta so u are restricted in some areas. can't wait till the finall release  ;D lets hope it is as good as we are all hoping
Old 07-13-2001, 10:00 PM
Hulaboy

Well, I finally have Windows XP up and running on one of my computers.  Actually, this is RC1 to be exact.  I have to say that it's pretty stable.  I've had it up and running for a week straight now and have used and abused it...hehehe. So far, I haven't had the need to restart it.  I'd encourage people to give it a try if you can get your hands on a copy. I think build 2509 is out right now. Build 2505 is RC1. Anyhow, just thought I'd report on it.
Old 07-17-2001, 01:04 PM
Grinnin Reaper

From what I have read three changes to your hardware and you have to reregister or it ceases to function but here is some recomended reading I just found five minutes ago.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/20433.html
Old 07-17-2001, 07:21 PM
Hulaboy

I saw that article on the register too.  I swear, this is becoming such a fiasco...hehehe.  The way I see it, RC1 only lasts for 180 days.  The full version comes out in October (hopefully).  So, by the time RC1 runs out for me I should have a copy of the real thing by then.  Otherwise, it's nothing that a hdd format can't cure.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:29 PM
GodMonstr

I love XP.
It is very stable on my systems. It has great driver support, found every driver I needed, including net card, sound blaster live, Lexmark printer, everything!
I have it running on 5 PCs right now, have never got error or any problem.

Kevin
Old 08-16-2001, 07:06 PM
SinnopS

while Xp is nice and all, and it only took MS 10 years to make a decent OS, they went about it all wrong. i DO NOT agree with the registering crap that they are doing. thats is just bull shit. its just another way for MS to try to take over the world and snuff out competition. they dont innovate, they dominate
Old 08-17-2001, 10:36 AM
GodMonstr

Good idea to format and install OS every six months anyway...

Or, get a hacked version that will not expire...

Kevin
Old 08-17-2001, 11:09 PM
Grinnin Reaper

I still want to see windows lite.  Just a GUI.  At the absolute most include defrag and scandisk.  I try to use other programs for file maintance and wish I could buy an OS that is an OS and nothing but an OS.  I don't want all these nice features and all the ??? crap that comes along with it.  Thats why there are so many security holes.  When you build a car that flys, floats, sings, does the dishes, and makes french fries there will be a few things left out.  Like it's ability to do one thing and do it very well.  Bill Gates can take solitare and shove it up his @$$ for all I care.  Gimme an OS that's stable and nothing else.  I'll decide what I want and how I want it to run.  Not running through all the backdoors that some programmer but in 5 years ago in a forgotten design phase.  Now there only to be exploited by hackers.  No thanks.  Linux here I come (fatal exception what?????)