Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 08-01-2002, 09:15 PM
jjarrin

Default WINWORD.exe has generated errors

I need some help.
I recently installed untraceable 3.0 which removes files in realtime of where you have been on the internet and locally.
I removed the recent files from Word 2000 and now Winword will never launch without displaying the error "winword.exe has generated errors and log is being created you must restart the program. (or something like that)

I have tried to uninstall my office 2000 pro suite and reinstall and still get the same error.
I have tried to update word with the april 25th update and still get the same error.
I have tried to update my office suite to sp2 and still get the same error.
I have run norton disk doctor and regcleaner to see if there are any registry errors that it can fix but still does not work.
I have contacted Untraceable but have not recieved a reply.

All other applications within the suite work fine even when I removed their recent files also. It only seems to be word that has the problem.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you
Old 08-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Ryon

Well it seems you know what is causing the prolbem. Why not uninstall it? Its not a great option but it may be the only one you have. Also you might using the repair function located within office. hell it never hurts to run SFC also.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Can you post a copy of the log?
Old 08-02-2002, 01:19 PM
jjarrin

I have run the repair feature in office that is how I found out about the word update because it to caused a vgx.dll error but I fixed that.

Also I could post the log file if only I knew where it wrote it.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

It should tell you somewhere (usually in the bottom-middle where you don't look) where the log is written when the error comes up. If it doesn't, you might want to do a search in the folder that Office is installed, which should be something similiar to this:

C:\Program Files\Office9\
Old 03-19-2003, 12:17 PM
ztoelke

Default normal.dot

Try running a search for "normal.dot" without quotes.
Delete (or rename) the file to allow Word to recreate it.
This will fix the error 99% of the time.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Doe

Default Winword.exe or excel.exe error

I had this problem also. What I found to correct it was that I had the same printer shown twice in my printer folder. One was shown as shared and the other was not. I selected the shared one as my default and the problem went away.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:08 PM
den the man

Default Re: WINWORD.exe has generated errors

It is so incredible Ì have the same problem, I tried everything I found on the web, the local printer thing, normal.dot thing, the .pip file thing but I do not get rid of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarrin
I need some help.
I recently installed untraceable 3.0 which removes files in realtime of where you have been on the internet and locally.
I removed the recent files from Word 2000 and now Winword will never launch without displaying the error "winword.exe has generated errors and log is being created you must restart the program. (or something like that)

I have tried to uninstall my office 2000 pro suite and reinstall and still get the same error.
I have tried to update word with the april 25th update and still get the same error.
I have tried to update my office suite to sp2 and still get the same error.
I have run norton disk doctor and regcleaner to see if there are any registry errors that it can fix but still does not work.
I have contacted Untraceable but have not recieved a reply.

All other applications within the suite work fine even when I removed their recent files also. It only seems to be word that has the problem.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you
Old 07-16-2003, 09:56 PM
dellgoodlow

Default winword.exe has generated errors

I founded that when I uninstalled Winfax and Live up date by Symatec that cleared up my problem .Can anyone tell me how this cause affects winword? Os is wink2 pro
Old 08-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Bonnie

Default Winword.exe has generated errors . . .

Go to the below website and you will find a variety of fixes that should solve your problem:

http://www.nocrash.com/ncbbs/msgs/705.shtml