Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Platinium Techie

Default Windows 7

I'm sure everyone has been aware that Windows 7 leaked a while back ALL OVER the internet, even though you can download the same beta for free from Microsoft as usual.
Has anybody used/tested it yet? I'm in the process of getting it right now, but any bugs or anything i should expect?
Also, If nobody has, I'll see if I can make time to post my experiences with it.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Administrator

My experience with it has been pretty much what everyone else's has. It feels good. It is essentially a tuned up Vista, and I knew that before even installing it. Vista was Microsoft's major OS overhaul. I didn't think they were going to change the UI all that much from what they had already changed, less they piss off even more people complaining about their toolbar changing position. For a beta it feels very well done. I'll be curious to see how it performs once it goes rtm. I'd be willing to bet that Microsoft will be making some kind of announcement at CES about windows 7 and will probably be handing out beta disks as well. Only way for you guys to find out that aren't going to CES is to watch our live coverage all this week. (www.techwarelabs.com/ces2009)