Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Security, Privacy, & Spyware

Old 03-31-2005, 11:13 PM
MrIncoming

Default Is it REALLY possible to recover internet explorer history?

I'm sick of my mom trying to hold that shit about recovering the IE history over my head. It's really annoying when she says that, and although she is a tech retard(I'm sorry but she can't even crop a picture without killing it) it worries me that she might have looked it up and figured out how to recover the internet explorer history or something. She can't be using an alternate progrram to trarck me(I'm fairly sure) because I always log her and my dad off(only 3 of us use comp, they never leave anything open aside from internet explorer and my mom uses AIM sometimes) and shut off everything but IE that's not a system process. Is it really possible to recover the damn history on internet explorer? If so, is there a way that I can ASSURE that she won't be able to recover it?

When I check techwarelabs and she accuses me of it, she has gotten me to admit it then told me she really didn't have any evidence, and it REALLY f*cking pisses me off! PLEASE HELP! lol Im sick of my mom trying to track everything I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 07:48 PM
drivebymaster

You got a modem for like DSL or cable? cuz if you do it stores site info from the past 3 weeks or so then it is gone...well thats one way I catch my bros if they have been using my comp for the internet
Old 06-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

AWESOME avatar!
How do you check those logs? I haven't seen it in my modem...
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 06-05-2005, 08:53 PM
drivebymaster

your modem should have an IP adress...well on a second thought my DSL modem is also a router odly enough...

But anyhow actiontech makes my modem...its hard to explain but like I go into my setup by putting the IP adress of it into the adress bar on top of IE. Then I put my encrypted pass in and then I go into the history...I can do all of this is under 2 minutes...and I find so many people trying to use my wireless modem so I just block there IP...hehehehe poor stealling bastards