Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Operating Systems

Old 08-04-2002, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

It doesn't sound like a problem with 3rd party SCSI / RAID drivers (although Uranium-235: That is a necessary option for many IDE controllers including the onboard promise IDE ATA/100 controller on the ASUS A7V).

Well, this problem sounds like a bizarre problem I was having a bit ago...and it pissed the hell out of me. I never really resolved the actual problem, but I was able to do something else. I was working on a pre-built system, but I'd swapped the included 20 GB HDD out for an 8 GB HDD I had lying around. It would install files, but then after a certain point it would BSOD. I never was ambitious enough to check the HCL for Windows 2000 and look at my components, but I ended up just staying with the Windows 98 SE that was preinstalled on the 20 GB HDD (I didn't want to push my luck, try to install 2k, and then not even be able to install 98 after that...). If you're having the same problem that I was experiencing, I'm not sure what you should do...
Old 09-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Electro

Default okay.

its because xp rools and 2000 is not . rooling.. go get xp
Old 09-24-2002, 11:33 PM
eviltechie

XP is horroble in many aspects

its all personal preference