Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 02-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

jeez keefe you've got quite a little business going selling those treo 600's.. wouldn't think you'd be allowed to sell unlocked stuff.. well nm i did that with my video card once.. oh well anyway.. i just seached google for keefe007 and ran across you in all these forums asking about it then all the ebay auctions
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 03-04-2004, 11:35 AM
legli

Thanks a Zillion!
It works absolutely fine.

I just bought the phone from the local Orange dealer (he particularily specified it was protected) and without even having to insert an Orange sim card I was able to follow your instructions and succed to connect to my usual provider SWISSCOM in Geneva Switzerland.

I just hope people stop spending money on scam companies who sell you hot air

All the best!
Laurent From Geneva
Old 03-04-2004, 11:24 PM
ammo

works real nice!

i had two treo 600's for my partner and i from orange u.k. and wanted to use them in jamaica where we now work but didn't want to pay orange's exorbitant roaming charges even though we're paying a contract in the u.k.

now they work fine on jamaica's digicel chips

just one glitch though and maybe someone knows how to fix:

when i switch wireless mode on it doesn't connect to digicel straightaway and tells me it can't find the network. i then go to 'select network' it does a search and finds an alternative carrier but not digicel. i then select the 900/1800 band and then eventually it finds digicel and works.

this whole process takes a few minutes everytime i switch the phone on.

anyone know of a way to make the phone default to digicel straightaway?

also...

a number '1' appears next to the aerial reception icon.

anyone know what this is? is it meaning 'line 1' or something?

that's it!

thanks to all those that made it possible and 'up yours' orange for being twats.

Old 03-05-2004, 02:08 PM
terrysul

Default Treo 600 Unlocking

Thanks

I successfully unlocked my Treo following your instructions without any problems; however, I have a couple of different SIM cards and it works with the one without a pin number but not with the one with a pin number. It won't accept the pin number and I know it's the right number. Anybody any ideas why that is?
Old 03-06-2004, 04:41 AM
legli

Default Pin code malfuction

Now that you talk about it!

Idid also have a problem with my pin code. To resolve the problem I had to enter the PUK code and the pin was then reseted to 1111.

Laurent
Old 03-06-2004, 09:59 AM
hoya68

Default Unock Delete Files

The unlocking worked like a charm on my T_Mobile Treo 600. Thank you. After the unlocking is complete are there any of the files that can be deleted?

Steve
Old 03-11-2004, 05:14 AM
fortexg

Hi all,
I just unlocked the Orange Treo 600 flashing the 2.09 FW as described. The phone works with my provider's SIM (Mobitel, Slovenia), but I discovered a big BUG: when I call someone and press the hangup button (either with 5way navigation button or touchscreen), Treo says "hanging up", but the ring tone is still there and the other phone still rings for about 60 seconds! And the phone hangs during that time - no control works (except reset of corse).
It is simply impossible to hangup the unanswered call. What's even funnier: if the other party does answer during that time, the call IS disconnected (is it should be right away). The ongoing call on the other hand, can be hanged up without problems. I guess this is just some SW issue?

My Phone Info is:
FW: 02.09
SW: Treo600-1.0-OUK
HW: A

Also, I have no problems using PIN (like somebody had) - I can enter the PIN and phone works OK.

Another thing: is there a way to get rid of the Orange software? I noticed some people's SW version is INT - guess this stands for International.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:07 PM
greddy

Hi there,

Quote:
but I discovered a big BUG: when I call someone and press the hangup button (either with 5way navigation button or touchscreen), Treo says "hanging up", but the ring tone is still there and the other phone still rings for about 60 seconds! And the phone hangs during that time - no control works (except reset of corse).
The same problem here !!!!!!

Quote:
My Phone Info is:
FW: 02.09
SW: Treo600-1.0-OUK
HW: A
I have also the same!

Who can help ???

Bye, Peter
Old 03-12-2004, 08:03 AM
Reto_G

Default Re: Treo 600 Unlocking!

Hello

It almost worked. If I start to update, step4 of part 2, then it just installs one file (needs maybe 20 seconds), then does a soft reset (or similar) and then updates ends. Help!

Reto
Old 03-12-2004, 05:40 PM
whoknows

1. Call Hangup bug. This happens if you used patched.zip without upgrading to INT 208/209 first. It's a conflict with the UK SW. If you still have the UK apps/branding, this hasn't worked. 208 is supposed to be more stable.

2. How to get rid of UK apps - see above.

3. Update finishes after 10 secs - files in wrong place or corrupt - did you unzip all files into PALM\Launcher? Both upgrades should take 10 mins +.

There are some dud files about. For locations try searching treocentral forums for "firmware downgrade"

Note that doing any the above invalidates your warranty, and is entirely at your own risk.