Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 02-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Grinnin Reaper

no shit man. You got that right.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Exprience is the key!

Default which os is best for gaming?

WinMe is best gamin OS, tested win95,win98,win2k,winxp...WinMe is still best gamin Operative System
Old 04-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KjeZ
Hmm why cant anyone develop an OS purely dedicated for games?
There was also a version of Linux that was dedicated for games. It had features that allowed it to play the majority of Windows games, had Doom or Quake or some other game of that style, and was tweaked specifically for gaming performance. That didn't make it like it should have or even could have if they waited til later to release it, but it was supposed to be a very solid and fast OS for games. One of the other reasons it didn't make it is because the charged somewhere between like 50 and 100 dollars for it.
Old 04-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Terid

yeh i dont liek that either. I am running widnows 2k pro myself but i dontlike it that much and i dont know why, i have the feeling it runs a load of junk in the background. I have alot of land and stuff and was wondering would it be a good idea to upgrade to xp? i think it looks a whole lot cooler :P

im also running:
P4 2Ghz
384ddr ram
3D Blaster GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64mb graphics, and
40 gig
Old 04-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Terid

:/ sorry that says LAN'S not land, lmfao
Old 09-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Dadadada

Default win xp is sllooooowwww......

I've been using windows xp for a month, since my win98se got totally messed up and I decided to give XP a try. Then installed all the needed drivers for gaming and everything (? ). Well, tried Half-Life (CS!!!) and got message that said my videocard doesn't support OpenGL. It worked on previous OS. I read somewhere that winXP doesn't support OpenGL 'coz microsoft wants everyone to use their directx3d (dunno is it true but still...). After hl tried some games that use directx3d. They were 'bout 50% slower than on win98se!!! Fps was something like ~15 in almoust every game. Conclusion is that XP is really slow on older computers like mine. Is it same with 2k????

Mah mahzine:
amd k6-2 500 MHz
256 Mb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 400
Old 09-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

bad video drivers.. it does support open gl..
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 09-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

well, recently 98SE screwed up for me, and I decided to go with 2K Pro.

After finally finding updated IDE drivers for my motherboard, my performance is pretty good. HL dosen't work correctly, nor does NSF:HS (Of course nobody ever gave it NT compatablility, hell I had to use a seperate APP to even get the dang thing to install). But I don't get much of a FPS decrease for any other of my games. And 2K has added security (so nobody can find my pr0n! :P)
Old 10-30-2003, 04:33 PM
mongol

Default need olpen gl drivers for nvidia geforce 2mx/mx400 64meg

this is on 1.4 running 512 ram on xp pro os plzzzzzzz help i cant find the open gl drivers
Old 11-12-2003, 02:21 AM
irving

Default XP STILL NOT WORTH IT

Windows xp has to many problems...hotfixes help but still not good enough...XP is slow laggy and is frustating...Also programs that u have had with 98 or me or 2000 wont all work on XP wich is a big pain...I had XP on my computer and it was very pretty, but slow loading and very very frustating...and those hot fixes are just so retarted...A Operating system should be stable and reliable and windows XP is not yet niether....It has potentual but it has not yet proved to be a great operating system..To many bugs to mady downloads needed and to many program errors occur.Wich makes going back to 98 thru 2000 so exciting cause u wont have so many headaces and close to no slowdows or loading delays like XP will give...AS for gaming it slows down the video cards and strain it wich will lagg ur game noticeably..when i switched back to 98 the gaes play much smoother and much more fun...i think it was released to early and in a rush cause it contains way way to many frustrating problems bugs and errors.....do the right thing use 98 thru 200 and it will make u much happier i know cause i have done it