Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:31 AM
Mad Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
and LMAO at the urbandictionary!
that thing has some badass stuff.. i can spend a whole day reading definitions there lol..

Asus A8N SLI - Opteron 148 @ 2.8 under a Zalman 7000cu LED - XFX 7800GT oc'd - 1gb Kingston Hyper X pc3000 BH5 2-2-2 - OCZ ModStream 450watt - WD 36gb Raptor - WD 320gb Storage Drive - Antec Super LanBoy - NEC 3550A 16x DVD Burner
Accessories:
ViewSonic VA1912wb 19" 8ms Widescreen - Plantronics Audio 90 - Logitech Z-640 5.1 - Razer Diamondback Plasma LE on a Ratpadz GS
Linux Box:
Pending..
Old 01-27-2005, 01:53 AM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

speaking of feedback.. anyone get the "document unavailible, will be retried in 45 seconds" error? I've gotten it 3 or 4 times today...

edit: I got it as I posted this
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 01-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

you get that cause of the sanity.a virus attacking our viewtopic.php.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Platinium Techie

yeah i think the changeover is slowing stuff down, ive noticed a serious speed decrease, i was discussing it with flashpoint a few days ago.

i was gonna say though, the SpamBots seem to be getting a bit out of control, ive seen 4 or 5 posts already today. and i hate them damn things. i think someone said not to reply to them, so i dont...

and they post on the wrong boards....

can you IP ban them or something? i really dont know how the damn things work.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:02 AM
CiKoTiC

Quote:
like what? where?
Quote:
flaming?
See what I mean? The admins don't even know what's going on. If they did, they would have seen this gem posted by Jason425.

Quote:
cikotic go lick some ass ... I gave you a piece of advice because you are too stupid to upload an image.. go pms somewhere else... [/tired of crybabies..]
ANYONE POSTING THIS TYPE OF OFFENSIVE AND DEROGITORY LANGUAGE SHOULD BE IMMEDIATLY BANNED!

You do not, I repeat, you do NOT see posts like this in any respected tech site. To have this sort of behavior go unpunished invalidates the integrity of the admins and the forum as a whole.

Jason425 contributes NOTHING to this forum. He consistantly badgers new users seeking help and he is offensive to both new users and the regular users. The only thing he successfully does is run people off and turns useful posts into flame wars.

If the admins have to ASK what the problem is, then they are either NOT reading the offensive posts that Jason425 writes on a daily basis or they just don't care. Both are unacceptable reasons thus the call for moderators.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Lab Master Techie

cikotic... thanks for playing, but your total lack of respect toward me demanded something in return... I don't contribute? How about the most posts in the history of this site, being a member of the SETI team and delivering the winning wallpaper in the contest?

I was also a news poster and moderator for a short period, but was given a "honerable discharge" because it was best for both sides that I go back to being a normal member.

Quite frankly, I think you just look for something to get pissed about.

Who denotes what is a respected tech site? This is a forum; I don't contribute to site content first of all (that's the news poster's jobs), and second and most importantly, this forum's greatest strength is its lack of brutal dictatorship that exists in "respected" forums like hardforum...

At some point, if you don't agree with what someone says and how they act, you have to "agree to disagree", and that is exactly what I have done to you, except that now I pretend that you don't exist (except when i'm onslaughted like this).

Finally, having 800 certs doesn't give you the right to decide how your superiors (moderators and admins) act and interpret what goes on around here...

Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium

Old 01-27-2005, 08:52 PM
CiKoTiC

Quote:
cikotic... thanks for playing, but your total lack of respect toward me demanded something in return... I don't contribute? How about the most posts in the history of this site, being a member of the SETI team and delivering the winning wallpaper in the contest?
Jason, I would have been surprised if you didn't reply. In fact, I'm surprised anyways because you reply was well written and not your usual insulting and derogatory manor.

Anyone can reply to every post made and achieve the numbers you have. The problem is just that, you reply to EVERY post and it's usually something derogatory or off topic. Every now and then you post something useful but those posts are few and far between.

The SETI Team is something I came up with. I named it the TWL SETI team because I wanted to to something for the site. Your being a member is at my discretion and mine alone. BTW.. welcome to the team.

Congrats on the Wallpaper. I've never seen it.

Quote:
I was also a news poster and moderator for a short period, but was given a "honorable discharge" because it was best for both sides that I go back to being a normal member.
I don't know the details, but I'm going to assume your discharge wasn't because of your pleasant nature.

Quote:
Quite frankly, I think you just look for something to get pissed about.
I get pissed when someone tells me to lick their ass. Just be glad we aren't neighbors because I would kick your ass so hard you would have to open your mouth to wipe it. Which brings me back to the first thing you said. How can anyone respect you when you spout out comments like that? Respect is earned. Not given.

Quote:
Who denotes what is a respected tech site? This is a forum; I don't contribute to site content first of all (that's the news poster's jobs), and second and most importantly, this forum's greatest strength is its lack of brutal dictatorship that exists in "respected" forums like hardforum...
A respected site is one that has multitudes of regular and new users that consistently post helpful and tactful information. In addition, a site that a new user can post questions without being badgered or ridiculed because they are novice computer users.

The regular users here can almost be counted on two hands and believe it or not, you are part of the reason some users don't post at all on TWL.

I agree, this forum has many strengths and implementing "brutal dictatorship" is not what I'm calling for. However, some sort of moderation is required because if you think it's OK for a user to tell another user to go lick his ass or ridicule new users, then you're sadly mistaken and I stand my my assertion that you should be banned for it.

Quote:
At some point, if you don't agree with what someone says and how they act, you have to "agree to disagree", and that is exactly what I have done to you, except that now I pretend that you don't exist (except when I'm onslaughted like this).
Name one time I told you to lick my ass because I disagreed with you. Do you honestly believe that this is acceptable behavior here on this forum or anywhere else? Do you act this way in person or just on forums? I assume you only do it here because if you acted this way in real life you would get you ass kicked on a daily basis and even the most retarded person would wise up after a while.

Quote:
Finally, having 800 certs doesn't give you the right to decide how your superiors (moderators and admins) act and interpret what goes on around here...
The only thing I've decided is not to take any crap from you. I posted a suggestion in the site feedback forum for moderators to deal with people like you that do nothing more but bring a good site down. If you don't like it, do us all a favor and leave.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Lab Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiKoTiC
If you don't like it, do us all a favor and leave.

I wouldn't give you the satisfaction.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:19 AM
CiKoTiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason425
Quote:
If you don't like it, do us all a favor and leave.

I wouldn't give you the satisfaction.
HAHA!!!!

That's it!?!

Come on Jason, I expected more from you than that! Where is that mean spirited attitude now? I know you have it in you so let it out. Do what you're best at and let me have it or did I bruse the little girls feeling to bad that she can't respond?
Old 01-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235
Default Re: Moderators

Quote:
These forums need moderators.

Too much off topic and BS goin on. Admins don't seem to be doing didly about it.
remember that first post? and now look where we are, two members at each others throats
Closed Thread