Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 10-17-2002, 12:58 AM
eviltechie

well u gotta ask to learn....

i learn stuff from researching
although not by posting on forums but i read...
Old 10-20-2002, 12:03 AM

a smarter alternative from my perspective...
Old 10-20-2002, 11:56 AM
xMerCLorDx

*sigh* does everyone think that "hacking" is this juvenile?
simo and omega are the only ones with a good reply here...

what about the traditional hacking for testing system security
Old 10-20-2002, 12:30 PM
TheRogue

if you're in the know enough to setup system security you wouldn't ask

'What the easiest way to hack into someone's computer? Port Scanning? Or using a program like sub-seven?'

if your asking a question like that, then its obvious you know basically nothing and chances are they are just a lamer n00b who thinks hacking is uber1337 and wants to showoff to their friends and isn't interested in learning properly

after spending over a year in yahoo computers lobby dealing with them i think thats a fair opinion
Old 10-20-2002, 03:09 PM
xMerCLorDx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueProtoKol
if you're in the know enough to setup system security you wouldn't ask

...yeah..what can't be hacked...

nothing comes to mind..

there is always a need to test system security, no matter how " in the know " you are.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:32 PM
chryzair

Default People must learn somewhere

You shouldn't be down on people who want to learn. They may be misconstrued. I would be what you would call a newbie. I have little initiative either unless I have a goal in mind. I have a great interest in network security and would like to work in a field of such measure... Yet certain people have varied ways of doing things. Not all people pick up things as easy as others nor do they keep trying due to outside influences at times. If someone asks a question I believe he deserves an answer. someone who doesn't ask is what I consider dumb. I've looked for someone to mentor me in meer basics and yet still am yet to find anyone with the skills to attempt it. Due to I don't have the knowledge required. People would not ask if they had the knowledge required. Well that's my say. Great forum by the way.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:03 PM
eviltechie

why shouldnt we be down on people who are committing crimes?
Old 01-05-2003, 02:37 AM
xMerCLorDx

since when is hacking automatically malicious ?

this fellow is apparently trying to learn about network security. I don't consider him as someone who is trying to commit computer crimes.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:44 AM
chryzair

Default Curiosity may have killed that cat. But we are not cats.

I agree xMerCLordx. Since when does asking a question make someone active with criminal intent. I think you need to be more open minded. It comes down to the equivalent of todays high and low society... You mostly have the people who have the information(money) and are unwilling to give it up to the people that wish to have a taste of what another has. I realise there are people out there that abuse that knowledge as are there people that already have it that abuse it. But you can't take someone for a criminal before there is proof. That just holds back the world and has great loses to those that would use it for non criminal purposes.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:35 AM
eviltechie

hacking is invading other people's privacy
learning about security measures is to test on one's own machines/network
Closed Thread