Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Security, Privacy, & Spyware

Old 06-04-2004, 11:31 AM
Rgr-m

Default Higher education in computers in general

Hello all,

I would like to learn more about networking, hacking and basicaly anything there is to know about computers, I dont consider myself a nub with computers at all I type 123 words a minute play anywhere from 4 to 7 hours a day and know wat im doing fairly well, but I want to be able to consider myself as someone who is an expert at them. I want to be able to read one of those posts from a techie talking about mobos and truely understand it and see why that would or wouldnt work (I know the basics of video cards, cases etc etc but not to much). I want to be able to write websites, hack into complex security and just learn as much as possible. Next year I am taking C++ and Computer Graphics and im teaching myself HTML, next year is my sophmore year if you wondering. I dont seek knowlege to be malicious or an idiot and fuck other peoples computers for my own enjoyment... its more of the learning experience and wanting to know how the code and computer works. Ive gone to countless website fourms etc and seen all these 10 or 11 year old kids asking OMG ur a hack3r!? t34cH m3! Its not like that at all, if i do eventualy learn to be fairly good at hacking id like to be white-hat :0 work for the government or be hired to hack into peoples companys and tell them the flaws. Any helps or a starting point is appriciated for any of the topics I said i was interested in.... HTML seems fairly easy and more of memirazation than anything else thats what im currently working on.... but a link to a good walkthrough or a few websites for those topics would be cool .... or if u write on here thatd be even better...

All help appriciated, you can post here or IM me at wmsrm59, e-mail at wmsrm59@entouch.net or catch me on irc.gamesurge.net #projectx name will be |WUTANG| Rgr
Old 06-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Chronique Technique
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Prometheus

Being able to play computer games doesnt make you a hacker
Being able to know what a Mother Board isnt making you a hacker

Just ask on forums to learn things we talk about them all the time here.
Just google search for topics and search the forums for your questions

Some good hacking sites in general are
www.astalavista.box.sk
www.astalavista.net (paid forum but very good for hacking specific items)
Old 06-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

The best advice I have for you so that you can actually learn is to go to Web Monkey because they are about the best source I have come across for programming, web dev, and basically understanding the software side of computers that I have come across. If you need or want any help from me on anything, feel free to IM me on AIM if I'm on.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:04 AM
xMerCLorDx

well the first thing you need to know is that with what you're asking, you're going to have to read...
a..
fucking..
TON..

i suggest you forget about hacking and get a good base of knowledge. if you're honestly serious you will put these dreams of being a hacker on the backburner and figure out how to do things on your own.

first things first. learn how a computer works, go to a library or book store and read (and comprehend) an A+ book from cover to cover. then get an html book and read that in the same fashion. after or during the reading of each book, try to get some hands on experience with whatever the book is talking about. continue doing this and if you find more interest in one subject, go that direction. repeat.
repeat. next book.
repeat. next book.
seriously you're going to be doing this for a while.
repeat. next book.
and on and on until you get some certs.

please don't even think about hacking, it's highly hollywoodized and nearly all who are into computers for this reason are retards. don't be a retard, go pick up a book and learn how to do something.

as for the white hat hacker for the government, i'm pretty sure there are security professionals that are more intense and credible than any white hat.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

*pwns because he isn't a hacker*
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 06-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Chronique Technique
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Prometheus

*pwns more because he is*
Old 06-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

I was thinking, and I want to make guides for people to learn about computers without having to know anything going in. Maybe we could work together, so you can tell me what would work by reading my guides as I write them. I may not know much about computers, but what I do know I'd like to be able to share, so with a little luck maybe Keefe would fill the guides section up with them.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:18 AM
xMerCLorDx

cool, i wanna read - get crackin'
Old 06-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Sweet. LOL

You know a lot, you could help me if you want. What to do first, though? I'm thinking the basics of a computer such as just defining what major components are, their role, and how they can affect the use of a computer.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:02 PM
xMerCLorDx

err thanks, i don't know that much, i'm just a mega nerd!

i think you should start on random guides with screenshots and nice steps. basics of computers works topic wise.