Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Security, Privacy, & Spyware

Old 06-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

I'm totally lost with your statement Dragon...
Old 06-09-2004, 03:35 PM
xMerCLorDx

chill out son, i'm just saying things don't go always as planned. plus the tone of my post was probably thrown of by my casual use of 'bullshit'. i use it all too often and i'm sure it sounded harsher than i was intending.

so anyway i said i was gonna get my ccna after taking the class, but i didn't because i wanted to wait for the new version to come out.

you don't know if you're going to get them, you have to pass a test, it doesn't mean you will pass the test. but you want to. this doesn't mean that you already have the cert because you say you're going to get it. so i can say i'm the next president. does it matter? no because i'm not the next president.

all i'm saying is that you don't have them now, get them and then brag!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:40 AM
_C0D3CR4ZY_

LOL HACKERS ARE BORN. But your efforts are noble. Read as much as you can, theres so much out there. In order to be recognized as a legit h4cker, not a script kiddie you need to release as much open source as you can(YOUR OWN), understand the true purpose of hacking, outside the media gliss. IM a sophmore and I just got my CISE, I would love to help you guys out, I think its an awsome idea
Old 01-14-2005, 10:43 AM
_C0D3CR4ZY_

I can cover whatever is thrown at me, I have HUGE library of *security* , screenshots, lemme know if you need any.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

haha awesome... I think there's been a hold on it lately though, unofficially. Time has been so constricting. Let's get started on them (guides) though. It's as good a time on any... What topic to attack first?
Old 01-15-2005, 08:23 PM
_C0D3CR4ZY_

well hey, I think we should cover basic FTP attacks, like pw file retrieval and shit like that. Seams to be the easiest for beginners to grasp. By the way did you want to cover "security" or basic Computing concepts?

yeah like I said ftp and telnet nodes are basically the first step. But eventually complex penetration and remote code injection should be included

this should target the security proffesional such as system admins or wannabe auditers
Old 01-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Well, personally, I am hoping that a full series can be there for the entire system, not solely for any specific aspect like security.
I'm thinking what about something more practical and easier, like say a web programming mini-series.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

how about PROTECTING an ftp server... I don't want people attacking me!
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 01-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

Protecting an ftp server is pretty difficult as ftp security is inherently insecure. Try using ssl or ssh ftp.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Platinium Techie

got that right. mines def not goin up again.

codecrazy with a retrieval and a double post all in one! nice! hope pro dont see it!