Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Dalcor

Default Win XP Pro Problem

Computer worked fine till now, sadly its probably something i downloaded. It will boot up al the way to the login screen. When at the login screen youll proceed to login and it will play half of the "windows starting up" chime stop. Youll see the desktop wallpaper for 5-10sec the computer will then click and restart or shutdown depending on what bios setting I have it on. I can start up windows in Safemode however. Any help whatsoever is greatful hopefully asap. If system specs and stuff are needed just let me know. Ty ^^

Edit: Turned off auto restart and got this error...

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System error} The windows logon process system process terminated unexpeectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Platinium Techie

Send a message via AIM to Tyler Send a message via MSN to Tyler

What do you mean the computer will click? Do you actually mean it is making a clicking noise?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

power supply? Harddrive?
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 06-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

STOP errors are usually caused by memory problems. When logging on, hold the SHIFT button, which will prevent programs from starting on logon (in case that it is something you downloaded).

If that doesn't help, go to your BIOS, set it to default settings, but make sure your processor and drives are configured correctly. Then, boot your computer in Safe Mode. That will help to narrow the possibilies.