Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 07-17-2001, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Yamaha 20x CD-Writer Released!

Yamaha has released the 20x version of their top of line cd burners.  Read the review here...
Old 07-17-2001, 05:06 PM
SinnopS

Default Re: Yamaha 20x CD-Writer Released!

that is fast, however, i just saw a thing for a TACH 24x cd-rw, yummmm...cd in 4 minuits 8 seconds  
Old 07-17-2001, 07:38 PM
Hulaboy

Yup, I saw that TDK has their veloCD at 24X now.  I think chapindave bought the 24X burner. I guess I should ask him how the burner's handling?
Old 08-23-2001, 02:12 AM
ivedigga

TDK 16x runs good has'nt let me down yet. i wish my CD Rom was that good if you know a good one let me know
[quote author=Hulaboy link=board=general&num=995409649&start=0#2 date=07/17/01 at 19:38:21]
Yup, I saw that TDK has their veloCD at 24X now.  I think chapindave bought the 24X burner. I guess I should ask him how the burner's handling?
[/quote]
Old 09-11-2001, 01:25 AM
Hulaboy

Hi ivedigga,

From what chapIndave told me, he's pretty satisfied with his TDK 24X burner.  Also, I forgot where I heard this from, but I heard that the TDK 24X burners are actually Plextor 24X burners renamed TDK?  I'm not sure if that's just a rumor or if it's a fact.  Besides, Plextor has a 24X burner out now too and sad to say that I must embark on the CD burner upgrade quest. LOL!  I have had the 8X and 16X burners from Plextor and have no complaints what so ever.  Time to get that 24X bad boy!

I'm not sure what you meant to ask when you said, "i wish my CD Rom was that good if you know a good one let me know."  Did you mean CD-RW drives or CD-R/RW media?  As far as burners are concerned, I would definitely recommend Plextors (just because of experience).  I guess the TDK one is a good deal and performer as well.  As for CD-R media is concerned, I usually go with brands like Imation, Sony, and TDK.  Although I used Memorex before and they seem to be doing well fo rthe office right now.  I use to go with the regular silver backs but I got pissed off when I saw that the reflective silver material on the back of the CD was peeling off.  Ggrrrr...and I had some important stuff saved on that CD.