Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-23-2001, 02:19 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Default Help

I'm starting to get annoyed at Windows.  Every once in a while I get a B.S.O.D. and a message saying stack overflow a VxD possibly installed has resulted in an error when starting up.  I haven't installed anything new.  Just running 98 se with Zone Alarm and a power desk toolbar.  Norton Antivirus and MSN messenger also startup but only Power desk toolbar is part of my start-up programs.  It really pisses me of because then my I have to restart.  It tells me to increase my minsps in system.ini but there is no such setting I have found.  Please help before I take out my vengance on my Laptop.
Old 06-23-2001, 03:33 PM
SinnopS

Default Re: Help

Humm... do you have all the latest updates? if so there may be some issues within windows that are deep down that are causing the problems. Perhaps its time for a reinstall?
Old 06-23-2001, 03:39 PM
kfan

Try the VxD patch here PCtech . Look for the VxD fix in the top downloads area.
Old 06-23-2001, 05:45 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Thanks Kfan I tried and will see how it works. ;D
Old 06-23-2001, 05:48 PM
kfan

You're welcome. I hope it helps.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:33 PM
bwbarbieri

The last time I saw "stack overflow" I think it was due to bad or incorrect configuration of RAM.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:58 AM
Grinnin Reaper

Actually it may have been something I did.  I have a sound clip I cut and had it as the start up sound.  It's Dr Evil's speech on sharks with freakin' laser beems attached to their heads.  But I cut out Sea Bass and inserted "Welcome to Windows 98".  Just seemed to fit better.  Oh well, I went with something shorter and so far It's seemed to stop the problem at least until the next time I turn it on.