Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 08-04-2002, 10:49 PM
Ryon

Default WIN XP ?

Ok, I KNOW i used to have my control panel where it would expand directly from the start menu that way i didnt have to open that gay window every time. But now ive reformated my box and cant for the life of me remember where that option is. Any one help me out?
Old 08-05-2002, 02:42 PM
compguru

right click on "start" and select properties; click on the start menu tab and click "customize"; click on the advanced tab and click on the "display as a menu" radio button under where it says control panel; then click ok then click on apply and it will work
Old 08-06-2002, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

Yeah, that should be right if you're using the new "pretty" Start Menu. If you're using the classic style, however, it's still basically the same, with a few minor variations.

Right click on the Start Menu (or taskbar, or Start->Settings-> Taskbar and Start Menu), Start Menu tab, Customize, check the box for "Expand Control Panel," and you're set.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:49 PM
compguru

i use stylexp thx
Old 08-07-2002, 04:46 PM
Ryon

Thanks guys, i dont know why i was thinking it was in tweak UI but i was looking there. My start menu is good2go now