Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Junior Techie

Default Im having some trouble with a hacker.

Alright guys im gonna try to make this as understandable as possible. Im only 13 so I dont know much about this stuff so here we go. About 6 months ago I ran a server with this one guy who played bf2. He charge me 50 bucks a month. I payed him and about 1 week later he closed my server down. I fought him on paypal...but lost. I started my own clan and this guy started to harrass me. He would ping and crash my server sending me messages such as BOOOM. It got to the point where it was an everyday thing. He began telling me that I had to pay him money or he was gonna screw up my server. I changed all the passwords on my program to run the server that stopped him from completely crashing it but he still pinged it. He began really harrassing me saying things like he is gonna f up my computer if I dont pay him money. It got so bad that I just removed this guy from my friends list and banned him from everything. About 2 days later I get a friendrequest from some guy I dont even know on xfire(a chatting program for gamers). he told me he had played bf2 with me before and so on. He sent me a picture...me being and idiot accepted it. He then sent a message back saying ahhahahahahah. 1 minute later he deleted that acount. When I opened it up it was no picture at all. It was 3 programs. 2 scripts and another program called Dc1 injector(i think i deleted it so fast I cant remember). When I tried to delete the program it said that It was in use. This really and I mean really freaked me out because it said it was in use in Win32....system 32 in windows.I quickly restarted my computer and was able to delete it just fine. After this I got over 50 hits on my zonealarm all outgoing meaning there was somthing in my computer trying to get to anothers. I unplugged my internet left it for 24 hours and started it up again to give me a new ip. I stopped getting hits for a while leaving me to belive that this guy is not a very smart hacker... he is probably elementry. He probably downloaded those scripts and I doubt this guy knows how to program. So I have tried absoulutly everything I could do to detect this damn thing. I have been in safemode and tried adaware...spybot...avg. They are all updated and its just not detecting anything! I just bought and external hard drive that supports 500mb. I think im going to have to reinstall windows but is there nothing else I can do? Also if any of you would like to help me I am really curious on learning how to program like Perl, JAVA. I have done lots of research and I am still really confused. I have done lots of research on this guy who has been harrassing me and I have tons of conversations saved that he was harrassing me. I actualy found out this guys real name and where he lives. So what do I do thanks guys!!! im sorry if this sounds really newbie but i dont know much about this stuff.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:23 AM
TWL Owner

Safest bet is to format and re-install windows. As a rule, never accept attachments from anyone, also wheres your antivirus software man?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Electronics Veteran
Techie

Send a message via AIM to R4D10Active Send a message via MSN to R4D10Active Send a message via Yahoo to R4D10Active
Default Fundamentals are Fun

Well if you are sure it is his real name and where he lives..... contact his local authorities. There is more you can do to fix the problem, but I agree with Jason because that would guarantee that any trojan or script kiddy crap he put on your box would be history. If you really want to save your box, be prepared to do a metric butt ton of work to fix it. That is what I would do, and I would guarantee you would learn alot about the in's and out's of your OS by doing it. Also, the pain of fixing it the hard way will definitely make you think twice the next time you are propositioned by someone to "help" you with running a server.

Programming? Honestly, I would recommend you go visit your local library and learn to crawl before running a marathon. Why a library? Well back in the days before google (which I do love) I found books were a good way to keep my interest on the subject at hand. With sites you are going to get side tracked with pop-ups and IMs and eventually you will just stop learning.

Either way,
Best of luck....

That which is to emit light must first endure the flame.

"The 'C' students run the world" - Harry S. Truman
Old 07-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Golden Techie

Send a message via AIM to Napster

^ agree. Amazon.com has great comp sci books for cheap. Also html,java,css,js,actionscript.

try w3schools.com
Old 07-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Do as Jason said and backup then format your box. The benefits of doing that are nearly endless. If you need help with that, we can guide you through the entire process since there are very many people on this site with extensive knowledge on the subject.

As for programming, I wouldn't suggest starting with Perl or Java. For that matter, I wouldn't suggest you ever learn Perl of Java, especially Java, because of the uselessness and inefficiency. Go to W3Schools and learn HTML. It's a gateway language, it's very easy to learn, and it will be at least as useful for you as any other language.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Junior Techie

Exclamation Someone got to know my IP

someone got to konw my IP, is it bad??? can he hack in to my PC cos of it?????O worse????? Wot can i do